Spoil Me: Tell me about what happens in Leliana's Song...

SpellAndShield

There are a few inconsistencies in the story of Leliana's Song however. For one thing when she tells you the story in DA:O she definitely remarks that she was captured by the Orlesian Guard who showed up with an arrest warrant (Not caught in the act with documents of the Orlesian Military inside Denerim. Also she mentioned that Marjolaine had forged documents to make it appear that she was stealing information and selling it. Not that she had military documents that she was caught with red handed. Again caught in the wrong country as well lets not forget.

She lied and in her situation, who among us wouldn't.

There are a few inconsistencies in the story of Leliana's Song however...

While there are inconsistencies between what's said in LS and what's said in DA:O, part of the her charm is that we don't know to what degree either account approaches "The Truth". Both are instances of an Orlesian (by up-bringing, if not by blood) Bard, telling us her version of her own story. What's been "embellished"? What's been "adjusted" to better suit the specific audience and the particular circumstances of the performance she's giving each time she tells it? We'll never know... :P (Which is just as it should be! ;D )

There are a few inconsistencies in the story of Leliana's Song however...

While there are inconsistencies between what's said in LS and what's said in DA:O, part of the her charm is that we don't know to what degree either account approaches "The Truth". Both are instances of an Orlesian (by up-bringing, if not by blood) Bard, telling us her version of her own story. What's been "embellished"? What's been "adjusted" to better suit the specific audience and the particular circumstances of the performance she's giving each time she tells it? We'll never know... :P (Which is just as it should be! ;D )

I couldn't agree with you more and as folks stories usually change over the years things added things forgotten etc. Overall LS was in fact one of the better DLC's for which has been put out imho.