NPC hair modifier

Heedicalking

The best I can think of is to make a wig out of the hairs you like and give them to the people you want. I have never done this personally, but there is at least one wig mod on nexus right now. I don't know of a way to modify NPC's hair the "real" way, in-game.

There is no way to change NPC hair in game, but it can be done easily in GECK. You need to install a cosmetic mod that adds the hairs to the race entries, then you can open up your favorite NPC and change the hair, eyes, etc. That's what cosmetic mods are for.

I recommend Lings Coiffure as it allows you to select eyelashes as well.

If you want to distribute in-game, you will need to construct a wig. Orientation is critical and not intuitive for the wig to sit properly on the head. The vendor is xCalibr Munitions sports a wig you can use as a template. Just open the mesh for the wig, open the mesh for you desired hair and copy\paste over the Tristrip data. Default color is black but this can probably be modified using the immisive and specular color settings. Never done that myself so i am just speculating on the last part.

Good luck.