Diverse wasteland clothing

Sepherose

... For now, since they have all been small, I have been using duplicate meshes. I know this isn't absolutely needed, so the only thing I would need...

I used to agree with this statement and even advised people to use this approach, but I have reversed my opinion about uploading duplicated vanilla meshes. because:

if you retexture clothing and armors from Fallout 3 by creating new texturesets that reference vanilla meshes then your mod will work as expected unless it is put to use by someone who also has a mod in their load list that replaces vanilla meshes with custom ones. For instance, if a type of overhaul mod not only retextures combat armor but includes a new mesh for combat armor with different UV mapping then your custom texture for combat armor may very well not work properly when your mod is enabled in the same load list.

Personally, I find overhaul mods obtrusive and don't download them, so I can't say how often this sort of situation might arise. But if it can happen then it will happen, so my approach from now on with retextures in my mods will be to create unique items in the GECK that are referenced to uploaded duplicates of FO3 meshes. The additional size of the mod seems like a small price to pay compared to the inevitable irritation caused to mod users when their mods clash.

This is funny, because not ten minutes ago I was thinking about this. XD

I determined that when I upload the last variant Combat Armor, I'm going to make a single duplicate of the male and female ones and use those as base meshes for them, that way there shouldn't be a compatibility problem. Thank you though, I do appreciate the advice :)

Talon faction variants have been added to, for anyone interested, plus I need help I think, and i didn't want to make a new thread. I may need to pass some of the workload off to others if i wish to see this done within a reasonable time frame, so if anyone is interested, please let me know.