Map Coordinate System

WhitePretender

I've looked everywhere for an explanation on how to use the coordinate system to find map cells, but I've had no luck at all. If given a set of the two coordinates, (X, Y) how can I find a specific cell with no other landmarks in it? For example, 39, -19. Where is the origin? If I'm looking at the world map, how large is a cell? Thanks in advance.

Maybe a Cell Grid Map will help you out?

That map is pretty sweet ty for posting the link.

If you want to know where you are on the map at anytime in regard to coordinates. Open the console and type "tdt" without the quotations. This opens the debug text and will give you that info as well as fps, heading and several other pieces of info.

To shut it off just type "tdt" in again :)

TDT gives you the subblock coordinates. Then you can use where you are on the map to find those coordinates in the cell grid map, which gives you the block coordinates. Once you have both sets, you can, in TES4Edit for example, expand World > Block <x,y> > Sublock <x,y>. With the information that is pretty straight-forward to see in TES4Edit you could then easily find the cell in TESCS with the EDID or FormID.