Need Help with System

If you know anything about Computers please help! I really dont know what to do about this...

So two years ago I buy a whole new PC so I can play the games I like the way I like, worked fine for a year and half, Had Oblivion plus 12GBs of mods, Modern Warfare II, Dark Messiah, Dragon Age, The Witcher, LotR Conquest and buncha other games on it. Performance and speed was perfect. Then I decided it is time take a break, for about 4 months I barely played any games, removed most of them including Oblivion.

About three months ago I decided to start playing again, I reinstalled Oblivion, but the performace was much lower than before. I tried the other games like Moder Warfare II, when I played it last year the loading was finished when the trailer had just started, now the trailer on loadings finished and left me waiting 5 minutes for a game with 12FPS.

So I asked around, after some thought I decided to change the OS, I updated from WinXP SP II to the lastest 2010 version of SP3 with win7 theme. Changing the OS didnt help much, After much talk with some friends here on Nexus I finally decided to do a performance test. First this is how my system looks like :

WinXP Professional SP3(32 bit)

NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz

3.2GB RAM

The lowest in the test is for CPU - Multimedia who has a score of 0.18/10. After that CPU Encryption 2/10 and Graphics 3D - Medium 105/200 FPS, Graphics 3D - Complex 15/20 FPS. Some of the 2D Graphics were low too. Rest was above 80%. It gave my PC the final score of 150. Mentioned that an Intel pentium 4 3200MHz usually scores around 800.

Anyone know what is wrong here and what I can do about it?

I defraged all the drives before changing the windows. Also formated all drives but one when before Changing the Windows :(

It does get heated up very fast these days, I can make eggs on it after one hour use. Reading the Article now, also I'm getting Kaspersky just to be sure, NOD32 didnt find anything.

Before all this I tried Uniblue PowerSuit(Registry Booster, Speed up my PC and the other thing)CCleaner, Malbytes Anti Malware, ESET Antivirus. Did all I could, since they didnt help I formated all drives(but one that needed pretty badly) and then uninstalled the Win and got a new one. So I dont know if any Antivirus or defraging could help when it was already cleaned up before. I'll give it a shot. But my problem right now is that I dont know what to do. I tried all the above and now am stuck at Hardware Performance. The only things that are below 80% performance are -as I said- 3D Medium graphics and some CPU things.

What effect has the 0.18 out of 10 score for Multimedia, and why is it that low, these are my main problems right now. Really confused about this, the guy I bought this PC from says that nothing is wrong with the performance and other people direct me to Anti Virus and these stuff =/

Is Multimedia and the things that are low in the Performance test the result of new Windows? If so why was the performance slow in the old one? Why am I eating cheese right now?

Sorry just I'm really confused. I got 12 recommendations from my friends today and now have 15 different Programs each telling a new story about my PC. From Registry errors to Cancer! Gosh.