First screens of Dragon Age 2

Retribution

After reading that GameInformer article I'm left wondering why Kirkwall needs a champion and why some foreign coward from Lothering could hope for a crack at it. :confused:

Wow! Again... Wow! I didn't get any sense at all of "a coward". I got a sense of "a child refugee from the Blight that destroyed his/her home village and became determined to "Never suffer/allow that again!"

After reading that GameInformer article I'm left wondering why Kirkwall needs a champion and why some foreign coward from Lothering could hope for a crack at it. :confused:

Wow! Again... Wow! I didn't get any sense at all of "a coward". I got a sense of "a child refugee from the Blight that destroyed his/her home village and became determined to "Never suffer/allow that again!"

Hmm...but there is no great evil to be fought or anything of the sort even...hmm.

This article doesn't give much away does it, perhaps they don't know all that much at the moment. It's good to know that even if you can't choose your race you can customise the appearance of your character, I liked the idea of not having those awkward moments where you want to say something or do say something and get basically the shale shrug, but that remains to be seen, it sounds good in print but the reality can be disappointing eg what if you hate your PCs voice lets hope we get to customise that as well, but I'm not sure we will, having to pay X number of VOs doesn't sound like a good investment.

I've accepted it's not a continuation of DAO, so I would prefer it if they left all references to my previous companions out of this game and not keep rubbing my nose in the fact that despite it's name this isn't the continuation I had hoped for and maybe instead of trading off the success of DAO they should have given it a different title.

I haven't see this link yet but there are forums running now on the BW site here

The article says

However, rather than stay and fight the darkspawn menace, Hawke flees Ferelden and heads north.

Perhaps not pure cowardice but certainly not a heroic act given the fact everyone else with any skill at all is taking up arms. The word "flees" sticks out prominently in my mind anyway. People do change and hopefully that is the case with the new protagonist.

I didn't see the word child mentioned anywhere.