Chameleon/Invisibility when crouching (spell)

dndallasta

Yello.

New to Oblivion. Can't believe I can't find this mod or something close to it.

I'd like to see Ring of Sunnies Woe for Oblivion.

It's a ring you equip and gives you an invisibility effect when sneaking.

It's sort of a hard invisibility in that it won't break in combat or upon interacting with items. If I recall, this is a bit of a more sophisticated mod when compared to similar others in that it creates a new spell in of itself (a constant active effect) instead of just casting Invisibility or Shadowcloak of Nocturnal when sneaking. Alternatively, you can also player.addspell XXX and give yourself the "SPEL" the mod adds so you're not forced to use the ring but still get the effect. A minor yet really cool thing about Sunnies ring is that you could still see your arms regularly in first person (in third person the player looked almost totally transparent).

I'm not sure how Chameleon and Invisibility behave in Oblivion in relation to Skyrim. As I read, 100% Chameleon sounds like pretty much the beforementioned effect but I can't say for sure.

I did find http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/40629/?, which seems to do something pretty close to what I mean, but I don't want the skill to be tied to a piece of armor or weapon and the effect is just 75% Chameleon.

Seems like a fairly easy-to-script mod for you knowledgeable folks out there.

If something like this already exists, I apologize but know that I googled hard!

Thanks in advance.

Edited by dndallasta

I've just put together a quick mod that contains a ring that gives you a high chameleon effect as long as you are wearing the ring AND sneaking. On testing it I discovered that a 100% chameleon effect ruins game immersion as nobody can see or detect you even if they are pushing up against you or you are hitting them! At lower levels of chameleon the ring can be quite useful and entertaining. If you'd like a copy of the mod just let me know.

Edit... Scratch that last part my beta tester had so much fun just trying to get the ring that I've released the mod into the wild!

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45624/?

Edited by zwkdiv