New Newbie

MerlinCross

Okay, about time I put this up.

So, I'm new to the fourms and I do like it here. Making the jump to PC games a bit since I have a laptop now, and this place has helped me out with both Fallout and Oblivion. The people here seem cool and it's all orderly.

The only problem I have is that getting answers about mods takes a bit. Granted, the mod makers can't answer every question, so I don't mind that much.

Other than that, this place seems nicer than other fourms and I'm glad to be on it.

Welcome to the forum! :D

This is indeed a very nice forum, and is among the best of the best!

Some authors may not answer questions, but I think most will give you a response, not everyone so quickly though. :)

Welcome to the forum! :D

This is indeed a very nice forum, and is among the best of the best!

Some authors may not answer questions, but I think most will give you a response, not everyone so quickly though. :)

Thanks. Although a quick question from a new guy. When asking questions about a problem with mods, which is it better to do? Asking in the topic, the troubleshooting section or PM the author?

Thanks. Although a quick question from a new guy. When asking questions about a problem with mods, which is it better to do? Asking in the topic, the troubleshooting section or PM the author?

First of all let me welcome you to the forums, great place, filled with precious information if you take your time to look around and a whole bunch of nice guys, you can pretty much guess what happened to the not so good ones. :blush:

About your question, I prefer the first and the third options you mentioned. The first becouse posting your problem in the topic related to that mod there is a chance that someone, mayby even the mod author if he still keeps a close eye on his mods, might know how to fix your problem. Third becouse people are usualy used to check their mails and therefore the author will most likely respond to your question.

When both of these fail, asking in the troubleshooting section would be recomanded if you realy want to get that mod problem fixed.

Cheers,

Pushkatu!

I second Push's recommendation. :)

I'd say, first try posting in the Submission Topic, since your problem may be overall, so the info you post may be helpful to others - and if that fails, pm the author - and if that fails as well, the troubleshoot section will most likely produce a solution, as there are always someone who will know it or even download the mod only to find a solution to your mod. :) (yes, there's a lot of helpful souls on this forum!)