Mysterious Woman on DA2 art

Coous

It's clearly the Dog from the first game...

!!!

I feel like that he was being a little sarcastic in the shock effect of things,but maybe it won't be shocking at all,or it will totally blow our minds. It will be interesting to find out who she is and what is her purpose.

The man was an adult when the blight hit and the game is set in a 10 year span with the blight in between.

Well the blight doesn't last long it,and in fact I believe it's Lelliana who says it has been mostly some weeks time meaning plenty of time for the god-child to grow up considering we don't know how fast that it can grow,but saying that it ages like a human would be a little bleh.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what wait... exactly WHEN is DA2 going to take place, compared to Origins? How far into the future?

Will I be able to import my beloved old Warden from Origins into DA2 to continue his/her adventures? :sad:

And I hope that woman is the DR product kid... if not someone else.... I really want to see how that kid is going to turn out...

And yeah, he may have been being sarcastic, maybe it won't be "shocking" at all...

No, I have to disagree with you. The man was an adult when the blight hit and the game is set in a 10 year span with the blight in between. You can check it out for yourself. Morrigan would most likely to appear in the second half of that span.

I haven't seen anything that substantiates (or even indicates) Hawke being an adult during the DA:O Blight. (And there's certainly confirmation that Hawke isn't, necessarily, a "man".)

The words used by BioWare are "a penniless refugee from Lothering", and "a survivor of the Blight". I guess I had pictured a child, (orphan?) escaping the village just before/after the visit by our GW.

Oh wait! Remember the hysterical Chasind in the yard of the Chantry who was screaming about how "We're all gonna die at the hands of the Darkspawn!"? He had watched them drag his wife away screaming and kill all his clan. He would make a great basis for Hawke! You know, "I'll never forget that day in Lothering when the Grey Warden gave me back a purpose..." That kind of thing.

(Oh wait again. I already pointed out that Hawke doesn't have to be male. I guess that rules out his being the little boy by the bridge as well, doesn't it? ;D )

Will I be able to import my beloved old Warden from Origins into DA2 to continue his/her adventures? :sad:

No, your character will be no more than history. But you will be able to transfer your derisions into the new game.

We have to remember this is not Warden Age either it's a tale about the Dragon Age meaning yes a new character is appropriate,but don't get me wrong I liked my Warden and wanted to have him return too. That part of the story is over and now it's time to move on,but I hope they allow some info transfer from Origins to make the background so as the franchise expands it's a real story that is continues no matter the protagonist,but they'll probably just cannon it. I am hoping for a dlc though that connects to Morrigan and if she is in the next game and use it to bridge the two games.

Apparently Flemeth is back too! so she might be that woman on the cover.

They say SHOCKED. With caps even. How would be Morrigan, Flemeth or "your" kid shocking? I would be shocked... no, SHOCKED even, if it was Anora in her free time or someone from BG/NWN who found out how to travel into paralel universe. *cough*

But seriously, no idea, it could be just ANYONE. Check the "preview" and cover art for DAO, I don't recognise half of the companions there... and this will be the same case.

I'm leaning more and more toward Fiona. Age is right, by now she's probably fed up with the wardens and it would certainly be a surprise. I think the all caps on their part on the word surprising is a bit of an over-dramatization for the sake of hype though.