Mysterious Woman on DA2 art

Coous

Sorry mate, we are not going to play Morrigan's child nor it is Morrigan herself as the story of DA2 will have the blight within it, which means Morrigan will be busy with the Warden and taking care of a baby.

You make it sound like the blight lasted longer than it did,but that's not the case only a few months at most and that leaves for a lot of years left in the game.While we don't know how long it takes for an old god to grow,but with Flemeth's return I'm sure there will be that kind of action of Morrigan v.s. Flemeth.

Supposedly DA:O takes two years from start to finish. The character's walk for at least six months just getting from place to place. You still have about 8 years left though but having an adult version of Morrigan's Baby in that time is a bit of a stretch; would be painful to the jr. abomination as well (if it feels pain.)

Where does it say that the story is 2 years? A year at most I think considering a days march of an army from Redcliffe to Denerim. While I agree even at most 9 years being a sort of stretch for growing up there's no reason they can write it in that way if they wan't to.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two years thing is mentioned in the game, but it's been a while since I played that I cannot remember. Something makes me think it's brought up by either Morrigan or Alistair while at Redcliffe Castle right before the final battle. And I think Shianni said something similar to my city elf when I was in the alienage before the Landsmeet.

My money is on the mysterious woman being Flemeth, at this point. Between the Codex changes that are written into your journal after you complete Morrigan's personal quest and the doubts Morrigan personally has that you even can destroy Flemeth permanently, her appearance in DA2 (as more than a cameo, I mean) would make the most sense out of any of the characters we met in the first game. Of course, the picture could be about one of the companions that you'll recruit in DA2. Or an important NPC. Time will tell.

As for the timeline, I recall a dev stating that the game theoretically takes place over a year's time. I can't remember if it was on video or a forum quote (probably a forum quote), but I do recall it being said that the devs assume that the story takes place over at least one year. Take that for what it's worth.

Now, we don't know how old Hawke is supposed to be at the start of DA2. But since the game takes place over the period of ten years, and Hawke is supposed to become some kind of great leader (I think. That's an assuption, but I iamgine people would look to someone with a title like the Champion of Kirkwall for guidance at leadership) then I believe it's safe to assume that s/he isn't a small child during the events in Lothering. A young adult, is my guess.

Sorry mate, we are not going to play Morrigan's child nor it is Morrigan herself as the story of DA2 will have the blight within it, which means Morrigan will be busy with the Warden and taking care of a baby.

You make it sound like the blight lasted longer than it did,but that's not the case only a few months at most and that leaves for a lot of years left in the game.While we don't know how long it takes for an old god to grow,but with Flemeth's return I'm sure there will be that kind of action of Morrigan v.s. Flemeth.

Supposedly DA:O takes two years from start to finish. The character's walk for at least six months just getting from place to place. You still have about 8 years left though but having an adult version of Morrigan's Baby in that time is a bit of a stretch; would be painful to the jr. abomination as well (if it feels pain.)

Where does it say that the story is 2 years? A year at most I think considering a days march of an army from Redcliffe to Denerim. While I agree even at most 9 years being a sort of stretch for growing up there's no reason they can write it in that way if they wan't to.

Ok. I'll explain more. According to the devs, the story of Hawke spans 10 years with the blight within it (hence why we can port our

choices from DA). That means Hawke was already an adult during the blight and moved north to become the champion of Kirkwall. Also it rules out the possibilities of playing Morrigan or the OGB since they will be somewhere far away from civilization during the events of DA2. Which means the lady on the pic is either Flemeth (it has been confirmed to return for DA2) or someone we all know but will be shocked later on. So sorry Morrigan fans, we all have to wait and see what BW has in store for her.

Ok. I'll explain more. According to the devs, the story of Hawke spans 10 years with the blight within it (hence why we can port our

choices from DA). That means Hawke was already an adult during the blight and moved north to become the champion of Kirkwall. Also it rules out the possibilities of playing Morrigan or the OGB since they will be somewhere far away from civilization during the events of DA2. Which means the lady on the pic is either Flemeth (it has been confirmed to return for DA2) or someone we all know but will be shocked later on. So sorry Morrigan fans, we all have to wait and see what BW has in store for her.

I understood what you were saying,but you make it seem from what you're writing and my reading comprehension that just because something is happening in the first part of the game to a character it hinders their appearance later on. I understand the Blight lasts a year or so,but the Free Marches isn't exactly a far place from Ferelden especially if you go by sea. I would also like to point out a while back both Kate Mulgrew and Claudia Black were being hired for some more voice acting for Bioware. We know now that Flemeth is returning,but Morrigan is up in the air still and the fact that she is being used again can easily infer at least some return of her character possibly in near future so I wouldn't say she won't be back just yet.

You might see Morrigan in Lothering as Hawke would leave around the same time as the Warden. Beyond that IDK what BW has planned for her. Maybe in DA3? Or an expansion? I don't have enough information to discuss at this point in time.

You might see Morrigan in Lothering as Hawke would leave around the same time as the Warden. Beyond that IDK what BW has planned for her. Maybe in DA3? Or an expansion? I don't have enough information to discuss at this point in time.

We'll just have to sit back and wait for more information.

Seems the possibilities have expanded:

New Characters Revealed

Hawke: The choice of male or female hero is the main character of Dragon Age 2, and leads the player through the 10-year history.

Bethany: Hawkes sister is a magician and supports her brother in the battle with fire spells.

Cassandra: The Inquisitor has a burning interest in the hero did Hawkes.

Varric: The dwarf Hawke has accompanied on his travels and is the storyteller in Dragon Age 2nd

Flemeth: The mighty shapeshifts and mother of Morrigan from Dragon Age: Origins is also in Dragon Age 2 again with the party.

Source: German gaming magazine Gamestar via GameWardens.com

That was a direct copy and paste and I did not edit the poor translation (looks like Bablefish lol)