Bittercup companion mod and face editing in GECK

So I dl'ed and ran this bittercup companion mod without any problems. I then made some slight edits to Bittercup's appearance in GECK which somehow conflicted with the mod. the companion mod's dialog and the new face show up fine ingame, but bittercup won't follow me. She just walks back to or stays in Big Town. Anybody know how I can edit her appearance without conflicting with the mod?

So I dl'ed and ran this bittercup companion mod without any problems. I then made some slight edits to Bittercup's appearance in GECK which somehow conflicted with the mod. the companion mod's dialog and the new face show up fine ingame, but bittercup won't follow me. She just walks back to or stays in Big Town. Anybody know how I can edit her appearance without conflicting with the mod?

Make sure you are editing the esp that came with the mod, and not a new esp file that you have created and then loaded after the original mod.

Make sure you are editing the esp that came with the mod, and not a new esp file that you have created and then loaded after the original mod.

That's what I have been doing. The original bittercup_comp.esp is the only .esp I've loaded and edited in GECK. Once I save my changes, it creates a new .esp file. If I load that new .esp simultaneously with the original .esp, the mod's dialog options and bittercup's new appearance will appear but, like I said, she just returns to/stays in Big Town.

If all you did was change her face, and hair, even her clothes, then it's safe to save as a new plugin (esp) and use it instead of the original. However, you may have to rehire her if she was following you when you changed her.

You should also be able to save over the original without creating a new plugin though. That's what I did, as I save my zipped downloads for archiving purposes, anyway.

If all you did was change her face, and hair, even her clothes, then it's safe to save as a new plugin (esp) and use it instead of the original. However, you may have to rehire her if she was following you when you changed her.

I tried this as well, and she lost the mod's companion dialog options.