Question about noble hunters...

Lehcar

Maybe they weren't marked on their faces? I recall tattoos mentioned but I don't think they were ever made compulsory to be marked on the face. I'm pretty sure I remember quite a handful of casteless dwarves did not have tats on their faces... Perhaps markings on the hands or neck or visible portion of skin will do?

Casteless are supposed to have a face brand placed on them at birth. I think the lack of them on some of the casteless was an oversight. To confirm this in the game during the casteless origin speak to Duncan in the Proving Arena. When he says he is Duncan of the Grey Wardens, you can replay you are such and such of nobody. He will then remark "ah yes. That is what the face brand is for."

But what of those who get stripped of their caste? Oghren doesn't have a tat and he's been stripped of house and caste, same with the beggar in Dust Town that gave her's up because she doesn't want to kill her casteless baby.

Refer back to one of my first posts on here regrading the surfacer merchant. He states he has to wear a mark when selling his goods, but he has a temporary one. I imagine the same is "supposed" to apply to others like Oghren when he returns to Orzammar. During a blight, and grey wardens for that matter, are exempt/rules lessoned as referred to by Leske when you ask him in the commoner origin why any dwarf would agree to joins the wardens and go to the surface. He states the king long ago made a decree that any dwarf serving in the wardens/fighting a blight are kept at their status since they are fighting DS and saving dwarven society. (notice he does not state saving the world.)

As for the casteless with the baby, part of her quest is to either help her with the baby or leave it/kill it. Going out on a limb I am guessing that her status is not a widely known and therefore not been branded yet. As for the child, no idea since we never acttually see it.

Hmm, that got me wondering about something. How come we never get to see any little kids or babies? All the kids in the game (human and elf) look exactly the same, around 10-12 years old. And how come we never see any dwarven children at all?

I was really diappointed that Lord Aeducan never gets to actually see his son...

You never went nug hunting? ;D

I often wondered where the Dwarven children are, pondered if they are born fully grown and bearded :unsure: or are just kept hidden away because they are so damn ugly :blink: Best probability is the designers ran out of time and weren't able to make the skeleton and have it ready for release. Think I'll stick with the nug theory, at least it's good for a laugh :smile: