Pip-boy menu possible without pip-boy being equipped?

TheShoduck

I feel like I'm starting to become a regular in this section... Anywho, as the topic title implies, is it possible to access the pip-boy's menu without actually having it equipped?

And so everyone knows, this isn't so much a request as it is a question, really. I'd like to know if it's even possible to do before I even think about asking anyone to make such a mod or (god forbid, due to my lack of know-how and experience on it. Yeah, I'm a complete moron when it comes to these things) try it myself.

I think that he means it just appears on the screen, without any of the arm animations or anything.

I don't see why it's not possible, but I don't know how.

PDA mod is too buggy anyway.

PDA mod is pretty stable once you get the addon for it which switches the viewpoint sideways.

in a previous thread, I explained that I couldn't use the PDA mod due to my using a 360 gamepad (There is actually a semi-medical reason for this before anyone goes off saying "lolusekeyboard") and I don't want to sacrifice buttons on the pad to add a toggle light and walk/run button via xpadder. Nadin is correct in what I was asking in that I'm wondering if the pip-menu can just be brought up on-screen without the need for having the Pip-boy equipped.

Well, I would imagine that the animation is tied to the menu, so maybe editing that in NifSkope could make it appear?

And I found that PDA mod squeezed all the words together so you couldn't read them, as well as causing horrid screen tearing. Dose turning it sideways fix this?