Fade bug discovered?

Lehcar

Think I've discovered a really weird bug. :wacko:

See I edited the Spirit of Valor's (the Templar spirit guy you encounter during the Harrowing in the Mage origin) UTC file to make all his equipment lootable. So then I killed him and looted all of his stuff... I can't equip any of his stuff to my char since it's all restricted to templar, except for his sword. When I equip the sword for some reason it still has a "spirit glow" to it, even though otherwise it's just a normal tier 1 (iron) sword, and I'm not in the Fade anymore.

Also, all of his stuff stayed in my inventory when I left the fade, even though stuff you obtain in the Fade should disappear when you leave... you're not supposed to be able to take any items from the fade with you back into the mortal world. Strange...

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/391/glowsrd1.jpg

I actually like that appearance, kinda spooky. :biggrin: However, if you want to affect it to a normal appearance or not have it after the fade, you might have to change it's utc file as well. (not sure since I have never tried to loot Valor, but I would guess it's special? something called like Valor's Sword?) Just an hunch.

I tried to poke through the UTC file, but I can't find which property makes it glow like that. :(

also, he doesn't actually use a special sword, it's just a normal longsword so I'm confused. Don't know what makes it glow...

I guess I fail, then...

Don't feel alone on that. I also went in the toolset to see what it was, and couldn't figure it out either. I couldn't even find his sword. I figured it might be in the unique weapons, but didn't see anything that said Valor.