Backwards pre war cap

CedricBass

i'll see what i can do .give me a couple of days

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10401

this is black

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1281

here there are some choices

i tried to do something by myself but due to the small size of the texture file (wich is part of a clothing texture )

i get nothing more interesting than the mods above

anyway this is the texture to edit : prewarboysoutfitnewtimmy

and this the path Textures\armor\1950stylechild\prewarboysoutfitnewtimmy.dds

u can see by yoursel but i warn you....it's quite impossible to get something decent

Edited by CaBaL120

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've spent the last 4 hours trying to rotate the baseball cap 180 degrees with NifSkope, but apparently either I'm doing something wrong or the game just hates me, because it won't work for me.

Exported all the .nif

located meshes\armor\headgear\hat1950scap\hat1950sadultcap.nif

Loaded it with NifScope

Selected the whole thing

right click > Transform > Edit

rotated R to -180

saved as meshes\armor\headgear\hat1950scap\hat1950sadultcap2.nif

moved it to fallout 3\data\meshes\armor\headgear\hat1950scap\hat1950sadultcap2.nif

opened the G.E.C.K.

Loaded up Fallout3.esm (nothing else, seeing as I didn't figure it would need any of my other addons, got nothing that should conflict with this)

In the Object window, Headgear > HatPrewarBaseballCap > Edit

Male > Biped Model > Edit

Model File Name : fallout 3\data\meshes\armor\headgear\hat1950scap\hat1950sadultcap2.nif

(repeated last step for world model too, figured probably wouldn't do anything, but couldn't hurt)

Save esp as Backwards Cap

Updated my merged patch with my newly created esp

started up fomm > FOSE

loaded save where character was wearing said baseball cap...

Cap still facing forward.

Mind you, I haven't done any of this kind of editing before, so I've just been kinda letting something resembling common sense dictate what goes where, so maybe someone more experienced can point out what i screwed up?

Also: Tried just starting up vanilla fallout 3 and using my esp, still didn't work, so I'm 99% sure its not a conflict

I don't know anything about modeling, but it sounds like by "selecting everything" you've also got all the attachment points to the head and rotated them too, hence from the game's point of view, nothing has changed. I've managed to achieve something like that when I was just mucking around with blender a while ago, rotated everything and nothing changed, select only the points on the item you want to rotate and then it shows up rotated in game. Dealing with models really ain't my thing, but that's what it sounds like to me.

Hmm. I wonder if there's a way to just target the attachment points with NifSkope... there wasn't exactly a click and drag option. Maybe I'll look into blender and see what I can do there. Where there's caffeine, there's a way!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...