Enemy A.I. is somehow too agressive and all knowing.

beute

So yeah,

I basicly reinstalled fallout3 goty with some graphic mods (nmc's texture pack, fellout, marty's zombie mod, new lightning etc...).

The biggest problem I have is the dumb A.I.

Whenever I shoot an enemy allmost all enemies around start charging on me, that's happening with every type of enemy.

I first noticed it in super duper mart, I just shot one guy and suddenly every single guy in the whole area attacked me.

That is extremely annoying, it makes the game unnecesseraly harder, and makes me run out of ammo very very quick.

so, is that a known bug? maybe a cvar in the fallout.ini I need to change?

anything?

the second problem is a crash to desktop with the standard error message "the game stopped working blabla..." I dont expect to find a fix for this, since there are thousand possibilities.

I use Fallout 3 stutter remover and crashes are almost non-existent for me. As for the AI, unless you are hidden and using silenced gun, it makes sense they would figure out where you are, it's pretty easy to figure where a gunshot is coming from, especially in a building.

I use Fallout 3 stutter remover and crashes are almost non-existent for me. As for the AI, unless you are hidden and using silenced gun, it makes sense they would figure out where you are, it's pretty easy to figure where a gunshot is coming from, especially in a building.

havent expierienced it on my first playthrough.

im not talking about 5 enemies.

im talking about 15 or 20 enemies that all charge at me...

im forced to use grenades and mines everytime I encounter such hordes...

I didnt use even one single grenade/mine in my first play through.

it's definetely not normal.

oh and I use the stutter remover too, even though i disable most options.

I agree that is not normal fallout behavior. Normally, even when shooting an enemy, the rest of them off in the distance won't react. I'd start by removing your mods and checking in the game to figure our which one causes that behavior. Maybe its the zombie one, but I don't really know for sure.

omg im sooooooo stupid :(

It is infact caused by the mutant mod...

when I downloaded project beauty I also found a "mart's mutan mod - Project beauty.esp"

but the game wont start without the mutant mod.

I just thought this was an addon and the mutan mod itself would just make the mutants look better....

I was even too lazy to read the description, even too lazy to read the .esp names...

just opened FOMM and facepalmed my self when I read : Feral ghul rampage.esp, increased spawns.esp etc...

thanks for your help :D

I hope disabling the mod wont cause some bugs in my save games, I dont want to start all over again...

It shouldn't cause any issues.

You'll probably want to find an indoor spot and rest for 4 days after removal so all the cells reset. Or you may find some remaining increased spawns.

fallout3 crashes as soon as I visit any area where I encountered the hordes of enemies.

I gonna try the resting thing, hopefully it helps.