Guess i need to upgrade my video card....

locohosa

in fact i used to run it at decent gfx on a 6600GT 256mb, at around 1.5gb ram and athlon x2 64 3800+.

Its all about fine tuning settings (no AA and AF) turn off shadows or low, minimize water effects and play with draw distances. And can keep textures on high.

Also look for mods that remove clutter + texture packs (forgot the name but one had also the performance pack + same/better look then original with better performance).

The resolution is important too, on a low end system 1024x768 wont be as demanding.

But most 6600+ series cards work (non integrated, those fail).

I have a Dell Inspiron E1705 with a NVIDEA GeForce Go 7900 GS which has 256mg and I run Fallout at 1440 (Res) with all the view ranges turned all the way up with FWE EVE MMM WMK and DarnUI. Runs fine, though lately I have been playing around with the AA and what not and have set it to high. But for the most part the game runs smooth. Only thing is my laptop is 4 years old now and I think my MotherBoard had been handicapping it. Had it replaced under warranty just last month and everything runs better.

I have never had anything but NVIDEA so I can't vouch for ATI but I have never been dissapointed with NVIDEA.