Invisible Triggers

ProjectEW

Well, the title basically says it all. I spawn my trigger, which was duplicaated from the Lucas Simms Megaton trigger, which is definitely visible in the GECK. But I spawn my trigger, and it just isn't there. It says in the list that there is a count of 1, but I can't select or see it. Any help guys? Also, I spawn the original Lucas Simms trigger, and it's not there either.

I had markers on, and it definitely isn't there, just under the floor. And I can see my other markers, what is wrong with this?! :wacko: Also, is it supposed to have a model specified, and if so, what? (Although the megaton trigger didn't have a model.)

See if the reference exist in the Cell View window. Use the filter on the right panel of that window. If you see your trigger, right click on it and select view. That should bring the render window right to it.

Just some guessing, then...

Do you even see the blue, green & red border lines of the trigger when you selected it with the cell view? If you can edit the reference by finding it in the cell view window, check the "Primitive' tab and ensure that the primitive type is set to 'Box' and not 'None'.

OR

I did have an issue many moons ago where i had a fence door in the wasteland. In my case I could see it, but I could not click on it, nor did its object appear in the cell view window. I ended up going into FO3Edit and removing that record, then making a new object. Perhaps you can do the same. If your sure that toggling the 'M' key does nothing, and it sounds like you are, then you just might have some database corruption and its time to look at your mod with FO3Edit, as I descibed.

I'll try the primitive check box thing, because I can't see it at all, no border lines or anything, not even when I zoom back, and drag-select the entire cell. So where exactly is this primitive type? I don't see that in the options for the reference or the base object.

If you right click on the trigger from the cell view window and choose 'edit', you should see the reference page. The second tab is called 'Primitive'. It should be fairly obvious. When you first get to the reference page, you should be on the 3D Data tab, Clicking on the 'Primitive' tab will allow you to see the Primitive Type drop down box. It just so happens that if the primitive type is set to 'None' the actual trigger will be invisible.

Well, then that's a problem, 'cause there isn't a primitive tab. It goes from 3D Data to Ownership, no Primitive tab to speak of. And this is an activator, because I just duplicated the Lucas Simms trigger. It's supposed to be an activator, right? Because if it doesn't have the Primitive tab, it seems like this is the wrong type of object. *Sigh*

What was the exact name of the Lucas Simms trigger you are referring to? Where did you find it in the Geck/game? I'll take a look at it myself. But it is starting to sound like you have a wee bit if corruption in your mod there.