ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

The Ultimate Orc Mod

ExpatLuke

I'd certainly like to collaborate with someone on making this a real thing, though my list of prospective jobs on the nexus is getting a tad high since i can't get any actual work done until i figure out how to add animations to the CK

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the two orc companions from the strongholds should be able to join your stronghold, maybe you have to do a quest for the chief so he allows you to take them, just saying since they both pretty badass and both tired of their stronghold and down to travel with you.

What if the two orcs are a couple and one is the second son of the War Chief, and knows he'll never be stronger than his older brother or father, so he'll never be able to take a wife in his tribe. So he volunteers to help you take the Stronghold, and his partner goes with, and then you have to do a quest to get the War Chief to agree to let the two leave.

Maybe you need to help him reignite the lost romance that was between him and his first Wife. By doing so, you help remind him about how passionately he pursued her, even when his father was Chief, and he agrees to let them join your Stronghold, as yours isn't tied down into tradition like his is.

The female could be an Alchemist/Archer (as she supports her betrothed) while the son could be good at Stealth (sort of symbolizing how he was in the shadow of his brother and father). The male could work as a trapper for the stronghold, bringing in fresh hides and meat. Which can then be traded to other tribes.

Actually, a mod that lets you trade between cities would be kind of fun. Markarth could export jewelry and crafting minerals, in exchange for fresh crops that don't grow and easily in their stone-cover lands. Riften could export fish and wine and other food exports, but need minerals to build with, etc.

But that's a mod for another day.

Perhaps there could be a sort of Liason NPC who comes to your stronghold after you build it up enough who is willing to do trade with your tribe for cities like Markarth. You can sell whatever you want, but the stuff that your tribe makes would sell more than the same stuff you made, so as to incentivize you to invest in your Stronghold, purchase more mines, etc.

What if the two orcs are a couple and one is the second son of the War Chief, and knows he'll never be stronger than his older brother or father, so he'll never be able to take a wife in his tribe. So he volunteers to help you take the Stronghold, and his partner goes with, and then you have to do a quest to get the War Chief to agree to let the two leave.

Maybe you need to help him reignite the lost romance that was between him and his first Wife. By doing so, you help remind him about how passionately he pursued her, even when his father was Chief, and he agrees to let them join your Stronghold, as yours isn't tied down into tradition like his is.

The female could be an Alchemist/Archer (as she supports her betrothed) while the son could be good at Stealth (sort of symbolizing how he was in the shadow of his brother and father). The male could work as a trapper for the stronghold, bringing in fresh hides and meat. Which can then be traded to other tribes.

Actually, a mod that lets you trade between cities would be kind of fun. Markarth could export jewelry and crafting minerals, in exchange for fresh crops that don't grow and easily in their stone-cover lands. Riften could export fish and wine and other food exports, but need minerals to build with, etc.

But that's a mod for another day.

Perhaps there could be a sort of Liason NPC who comes to your stronghold after you build it up enough who is willing to do trade with your tribe for cities like Markarth. You can sell whatever you want, but the stuff that your tribe makes would sell more than the same stuff you made, so as to incentivize you to invest in your Stronghold, purchase more mines, etc.

dunno if you were replying to my comment or talking about other two orcs but i was actually talking about Ghorbash and Borgakh, i dont think that story could work for them since they are from separate strongholds and Ghorbash is the brother of the chief not his son. Still i love what you wrote, makes sense and would be great for another 2 orc companions, i think your stronghold should then allow for everyone to have wives, i always thought that was stupid anyway, how could you do that to your tribe lol. I think you should write the quests and story for this mod if it gets made and doesnt fade away (which would be sad for such a good mod) you have some good ideas.

I thought you were responding to what i had earlier wrote about the War Chief giving you 2 orcs to help take the stronghold. Sorry :P

But I always thought it was ok for the Orcs to do that since it was their culture. they basically behaved like lions, and it fits their warrior lifestyle. The strongest survives, the weak die. When they get to old, they voluntarily go out and seek death in combat. And the women don't feel subjugated, like how many Patriarchal tribes are, rather, the women have some of the most important jobs, acting as the smiths, which is an Orc's greatest product, considering Orcish weapons and armor is the strongest race-made craft since the Dwarves are dead, Deadric Armor needs to be made using a Deadric's heart (So very much impossible for the everyday soldier), and Dragonbone armor, which before now wasn't even possible. So, the Forge Wife is, in my mind, the most valued member of a Stronghold.

But, since we aren't a member of the culture of the Orcs, our character would be able to make his own stronghold, but make it more in the culture that he lives, instead of the Orcs.

Actually, by that logic, the Stronghold could have people of other races, besides Orcs as well

I think for roleplaying purposes it would be better not to break the lore with the mod. If your orc is going to become a chief of a stronghold, it should follow the laws of all the other strongholds. Which means only the chief can take wives. It would probably make the mod more popular to those who want to download a lore friendly one.

And you CAN have non-orcs living in the stronghold. I mean once you help a stronghold in Skyrim, even if you're not an orc character, they call you clan-brother and let you sleep in the long house and even take some items. But I think that's usually the exception to the rule.

ExpatLuke, if you weren't an Orc and you grew up in Nordic culture, and you suddenly became in charge of an Orc Stronghold, where your word was law, would you follow Orc traditions and only allow yourself to marry?