How To Install Plugins/mods

Stampede

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just downloaded the Midas Magic mod and read the steps in this thread to help install it. I found the Data folder and I know to put the .esp file in there, but what do I do with the folders from the download marked 'Meshes' 'Sounds' and 'Textures'? All it says in this thread is to put them in their folders. Can someone please explain it to me in more depth? Do I just transfer these folders from the .zip straight to the data folder?

just put the textures, meshes, and sounds folders into the data folder, everything should find its way around once you do that.

for most mods, all you have to do is unpack everything into the data folder :)

• 3 weeks later...

SKoreanguy's first messge and mod

I have Windows Vista, and I dont know if this is keeping me from installing mods. I downloaded the Natural_Faces mod from tesnexus.com and WinRAR. This is my first time trying this and I might me doing something wrong. Actually, I must because its not working. first I open up the mod and it has

textures

ArchiveIncalidat...

MD_Natural_Fac...

and i highlight all of this (click then shift click on the last one) and then click on Extract To button on the top. Then a menu comes up and i click on the + next to

OS(C:)

Program Files

Bethesda Softworks

Oblivion

Then I click on the word Data and click OK, and then a box comes up with a yellow caution sign that has WinRAR: Diagnostic messages next to it. And inside are all the parts of the mod and the bottom 3 have Access is denied. and others say The system cannot find the path specified.

Thank you in advance to anyone who helps.

I'll thank you afterwards too.

praying waiting,

SKoreanguy

• 2 weeks later...

Pfoeh I'm really getting nuts of this Mod !!

So , I downloaded the tes construction thing , downloaded 7-zip... and downloaded the kvatch rebuilt thing .

Then , I copied the kvatch rebuild to data of oblivion .

Is it going to work now ?

cheers.

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I have a question regarding this guide, I can mod myself, and am already doing this for a year or so. no problem, but I'm thinking about buying vista, will these mod instructions exactly be the same? if there's anything different. What will be different?

I'm new to installing mods - have tried a few body mods that have worked perfectly, but that's all. Now I found some nice animations that are supposed to work with the body mods I've installed, and I would like to try these as well.

The animations I found don't have a readme, so I don't know in which folder and/or subfolder animations generally go. Could anyone please give me a hint? Do I need to create a new animation folder since I don't seem to have one, and where should it be located? I suppose it goes to the Data folder..... somewhere?

Do animations need an ESP file? And - how do you trigger the animations when you are in-game?