How To Install Plugins/mods

Stampede

I read here nearly anything. but it do not work for me!

Thats my Oblivion folder.

Oblivion

-Data

--LSData

--Music

---Battle

---Dungeon

--Shaders

--Textures

---Effects

---no more folders?!!=?!?!?!?!

--Video

And what that mean : "Don't forget to update your ArchiveInvalidation/ BSA- Redirection (OBMM)."

I installed OBMM , and one mod, and activate this mod,,,, but nothing -----again........ PLZ PLZ HELP ME PLZ

ps.: sry for my bad english

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your English is much better than my German

This is a very old thread (2006) and many things have changed - for the better.

I have a set of help files for people who are not computer geeks and are new to mods. They include downloading, extracting (unzipping) installing and activating mods. I have included a simple mod to practice on and instructions for installing and using 7-zip. If you are interested, click on the highlighted link below to be taken to the site where they are kept. I recommend starting with #1 and working your way through them.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/TheStormRavenLibrary/forum/256092/

If you use them I would appreciate some feedback as to what needs improvement and what works for you.

Archive Invalidation is rarely needed any more, one of the later patches made it nearly obsolete.

Many mods need the latest patch to work

Bben's Patch Advice

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=327

Also, there are special considerations when using Vista or Win7

For Vista related problems such as UAC, Check here:

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=262.

And here is a list of what should be in your Oblivion\data folder

Contents of a clean install \data folder Unless you have installed any mods this is all that you need to play.

Even with mods you need everything in this list from the original CD except the credits.txt

Music (folder)

Shaders (folder)

Video (folder)

Credits (text)

Oblivion - Meshes.bsa

Oblivion - Misc.bsa

Oblivion - Sounds.bsa

Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa

Oblivion - Voices1.bsa

Oblivion - voices2.bsa

Oblivion.esm

• 2 weeks later...
i downloaded frostmourne sword, but the 7z files in my documents now i can't seem to open it, what do i do?

Install WinRAR. It can open a lot of archive formats, including 7z.

If it responds that your 7z archive is corrupt, than it is, and you'll need to download the Sword mod, again.

Or, get 7-zip which is a totally FREE with no begging you to buy anything like winrar does. Winrar is a try before you buy program and not really free.

7-zip will handle any compressed file format you find here, and probably any others you may find elsewhere. including 7-zip (7z) Winrar (rar), Winzip (zip), Tugzip and many others. And it is available FREE right here on the TesNexus. http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15579

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry, but i think I messed up or something. I did every thing you said, and I even downloaded one mod, (Tower mountain if that helps)

but now it won't let me unpack anything else! the only way i can even see the file is to try the download again. it shows it as a winzip archive, but it has a lock in one corner. does any one understand how to fix this? Thank you in advance.

Your problem is not very clear. I am not familiar with a Tower Mountain mod.

I suspect you are seeing a message that warns you that it will overwrite if you continue. This is normal. always answer yes or yes to all . It does not actually overwrite anything, it appends the new stuff into the folders without doing anything to the old data.

You are right, I wasent very clear, and I apologise. Thats not the problem at all, however. When I open up my unziping program (now 7zip) It just dosent show that the mod is there. at all. The only way I can see it at all is if I try to download the mod again. Then at the "do you want to open or save?" message, I can see the 7zip logo, but with a lock in one corner. I am very lost indeed...

I have a set of help files for people who are not computer geeks and are new to mods. They include downloading, extracting (unzipping) installing and activating mods. I have included a simple mod to practice on and instructions for installing and using 7-zip. If you are interested, click on the highlighted link below to be taken to the site where they are kept. I recommend starting with #1 and working your way through them.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/TheStormRavenLibrary/forum/256092/

If you use them I would appreciate some feedback as to what needs improvement and what works for you.