How To Install Plugins/mods

Stampede

Ok maybe you guys can help me out. I am trying to install the eyecandy mod. I have a clean install of Oblivion (Steam version) and i installed OBMM as well. I downloaded the eyecandy mod, and extracted the .omod file to my OBMM directory and placed it in a "Mods" folder. I ran OBMM and double clicked the mod in the pane on the right and a window popped up that said decompressing. I then ran the game, started a new game, and the female characters are still the same old models.

So I quit, opened OBMM and removed the mod. I then downloaded the manual version of the mod. I extracted the contents of the rar file to the data directory (On my pc C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Oblivion\Data) and checked the file structure to make sure it was correct (Oblivion\Data\Meshes\characters\_male... and Oblivion\Data\Textures\characters\*race*...)

Relaunched, new game, still same old models.

I also tried installing the construction set and all 3 unofficial patches (main, shivering isles, and mod). :wallbash:

Since this is a simple replacement mod there is no .esp file or anything but the game just doesn't seem to want to read the new model files. The only mods that are working are the official mods that were installed along with the game through Steam. I also tried disabling every .esp file except the main game file. Still nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas to help me get this going? I have many more mods I would like to install eventually but I don't want to try if I can't even get this one working.

Thanks for your help

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem is a BIG one, Ive got the Lycanthrope and Anwolf race MOD and when I go to the create a character screen and choose my race, the Lycanthrope and Anwolf race is not there, can someone explain why? ive already checked the box on the data file menu

Edit: It seems NONE of my mods are working...

Um this may be already answered somewhere, if so sorry.

I download a mod, extract it, get the esp file, drop it into the data folder, and check the box to start the mod. But when the game is started and I look for it I cant find it. For example I downloaded and alternate start point but I still start in the sewers. Please help!

Hi !

I have a problem to use the mod Feint Death and I need help

1 I've read the book

2My Agility is 75

3My willpower is 82

4My acrobatics skill is 100

and I know that I must push the 'B' button to activate it ,but if I push it My Character doesn't anything

(My english isn't very well because i'm come from germany)

• 1 month later...
Hi i was wondering if someone could give me a step by step on how to download this mod http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9412. It is called runeskulls and last time i downloaded it and extracted it from winrar into my data file in oblivion i got the Big exclamation mark and i checked to make sure all of the meshes and things of that sort were in the correct file and they were, can some one tell me a STEP BY STEP it would be a big help thanks :)

What mod?

Does it have any requirements? Such as OBSE (Oblivion Script Extender) or any thing else?

Do you have Shivering Isles or any other DLCs?

What version of Oblivion? And is it on a DVD? download from Steam? download from D2D? If its a pirate version, forget it who knows what you really have.

What Operating System? Win XP, Vista, Win7

Where did you install?

What extraction Program did you use?

My first guess is you have either Vista or Win7 and installed the game to the default location. For playing the vanilla(unmodded) game that works fine. But the UAC protection on the files in the default location cause problems with mods.

Best solution, uninstall the game, reinstall outside of the program files location - most people use C:\Games\Oblivion. To keep your saves and data folder info, copy them to a temporary folder, then after you have tested the game to see that it works in the new location copy them back.

I'm trying to use MintForRen which modifies face (i think) and DIM Elves Of Lineage II Retex which i think gives you a new race. It did not work. I tried putting it outside of the program folder. So maybe because its a torrented version that's why it wont work