How To Install Plugins/mods

Stampede

okay.... Im so confused.. I downloaded a lot of different mods. the mages sky house the hgec body mods the BBB body mod and a few clothes for it also a few weapons and a mount for the game. I cant figure out what is a texture and what isnt or what is sound or even where my .esp folder is. I just bought Oblivion for the pc yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I've been downloading mods lately, and one of them was A Brotherhood Renewed by Arthmoor. It says on the first post that I need to put the meshes, textures, audios, etc. where they belong...

I'm illiterate when it comes to gaming lingo. I can fps all day long, but when it comes to modding, I'm useless. Any help on where to throw this stuff?

On a side note, I haven't been able to get a single mod to work today, even the single file .esp ones. What's up?

Okay, I've been downloading mods lately, and one of them was A Brotherhood Renewed by Arthmoor. It says on the first post that I need to put the meshes, textures, audios, etc. where they belong...

I'm illiterate when it comes to gaming lingo. I can fps all day long, but when it comes to modding, I'm useless. Any help on where to throw this stuff?

On a side note, I haven't been able to get a single mod to work today, even the single file .esp ones. What's up?

I suggest you read the actual ReadMe that comes with each mod. I know for a fact, I have it, that A Brotherhood Renewed tells you exactly how and where to install the files.

Documentation, it's your friend.

can someone tell me howto install this mod (http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22401)? and how to modify the map bigger to show stirk?? i tried to make it bigger by modifing its resolution but when i play the locations don't fit with the map

Again, this is all clearly defined in the ReadMe for the mod. Do some searching too for other reports of similar issues or problems.

! Please direct all questions and "it doesn't work" messages towards our forums! You will get an answer much faster there. www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/forum

Although you might have better luck over at BethSoft Forums than at TR.

I suggest you read the actual ReadMe that comes with each mod. I know for a fact, I have it, that A Brotherhood Renewed tells you exactly how and where to install the files.

I figured out my problem about twenty minutes later. I had an erroneous 'data' folder that I'd thrown in there when trying to activate a Master Sword mod. I switched everything over and voila, Brotherhood Renewed.

I feel so stupid right now.

I figured out my problem about twenty minutes later. I had an erroneous 'data' folder that I'd thrown in there when trying to activate a Master Sword mod. I switched everything over and voila, Brotherhood Renewed.

I feel so stupid right now.

I feel even more stupid now.

The meshes aren't working. What folder do they go in?

Everything else runs fine, but no meshes. I doan get it.

No reason to feel stupid, you just need to be more careful, and pay more attention to what you're doing.

The archive for A Brotherhood Renewed is packaged in a way where you can directly extract it to your data folder and the files will go to their proper locations. When ask to overwrite you select "Yes to all".

As for the exact location it's Oblivion\Meshes\Arthmoor. Arthmoor, and many other authors, place their files in specific directories named after themselves or the actual mod. This is excellent for organization and makes removal even simpler. No guess work.

I suggest you extract the Archive to a temporary location and just look at the files. It's easier to visualize something. Then you can just paste everything directly to the data folder. Again, follow the documentation.

Copy the ESP file, the meshes, textures, sound, and video folders to your Data folder.

If asked to overwrite, do so, as many of my mods share resource files and will overlap safely. Just keep note if this should happen.

Use of BAIN is strongly recommended as it keeps track of resource overlaps better.

No reason to feel stupid, you just need to be more careful, and pay more attention to what you're doing.

The archive for A Brotherhood Renewed is packaged in a way where you can directly extract it to your data folder and the files will go to their proper locations. When ask to overwrite you select "Yes to all".

As for the exact location it's Oblivion\Meshes\Arthmoor. Arthmoor, and many other authors, place their files in specific directories named after themselves or the actual mod. This is excellent for organization and makes removal even simpler. No guess work.

I suggest you extract the Archive to a temporary location and just look at the files. It's easier to visualize something. Then you can just paste everything directly to the data folder. Again, follow the documentation.

Copy the ESP file, the meshes, textures, sound, and video folders to your Data folder.

If asked to overwrite, do so, as many of my mods share resource files and will overlap safely. Just keep note if this should happen.

Use of BAIN is strongly recommended as it keeps track of resource overlaps better.

So instead of copying the whole 'A Brotherhood Renewed' folder, I should copy them all one at a time?