How To Install Plugins/mods

Stampede

Im Having a problem I Recently Downloaded Bartholm and Some Other mods Like castle Seaview but almost every mod i download ends up popping up as giant exclamtion marks big yellow ones it happeened for the martigen monster mod all my crreatures turned into exclamation marks and even for midas magic my spells turned out to be giant yellow exclamtion marks ! whats should i do? am i doing anything wrong if anyone can help me out let me know im getting so close downloading these mods but then they dont work for me ..

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having a problem... [...]

Are you using Windows 7 or Vista? Did you install Oblivion to the default directory of Program Files? If you answered yes to to both then you are likely experiencing problems due to UAC, Windows security. Windows doesn't like it when an application, program, or even the user, attempts to alter files in a protected directory. UAC sees this a potential security threat and treats it as a malicious attack and blocks the action from happening. To prevent this you need to install Oblivion outside the jurisdiction of UAC, to an unprotected directory. A popular and suitable location is <drive letter>:\Games\Oblivion. For information on proper installation I suggest you follow Bben's Reinstall Procedure.

If that's not the case then you have either improperly installed the mods, therefor needing to completely uninstall and reinstall the mods properly according to the ReadMe, or you need to activate, or update, Archive Invalidation. You might also want to read the section about Pink or Missing Textures Section.

Another great resource is Tomlong's site, TESIV:POSItive. She has included information on nearly every aspect of Oblivion you might need help or just be curious about. It has information to suite anyone from beginner to advanced. I urge everyone to bookmark this site and soak up as much information as you possibly can.

Good luck!

Edited by Smooth613

• 1 month later...

Due to a really strange and probably misguided management decision by a person who evidently doesn't know how the internet works, (at BethSoft,) ALL patches and downloadable stuff, including the Oblivion Construction were moved to new pages. And they 'forgot' to leave forwarding links making them nearly impossible to find. This oversight makes thousands of posts telling people where they can legally get this content return a 404 page not found error. http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/charonn0/ohgeez-1.gif

Luckily, long ago the CS was placed on TesNexus by a person with great foresight. :thumbsup: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11367

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know how can i put some bink video after some finished quest,like when u finish main quest.Is there a program for that or something else.pls help. if u know write me on skype its djomlamc or on email [email protected]

Okay I am having a bit of trouble with this. I downloaded a few mods and they came out as just a 7z file. No clue what to do with this. I drop it into my data folder but i cant seem to get it to work. Does anyone have any advice for me to get them to work???????

Okay I am having a bit of trouble with this. I downloaded a few mods and they came out as just a 7z file. No clue what to do with this. I drop it into my data folder but i cant seem to get it to work. Does anyone have any advice for me to get them to work???????

You've checked the esp(s) right? If you don't know how to do this, simply click the oblivion launcher, click on 'data files' and check the esp(s) for said mods. If you have and that's not the case, did you read the readme?

A few more details of your problem would be nice, such as the mod requirements and whatnot.

Edited by Guest

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

I have a small problem with Knightly Armory mod as it doesn't show in the game. All the meshes and textures and the esp are in oblivion data folder

I also have it checked in data files. Any help would be appreciated thx.

Nvm i know whats the problem now

Edited by SparX90

• 1 month later...

I've been *manually* installing mods successfully for years, but lately there are some very good mods that you can only install by "Omod" what ever that means. Does anyone know of any simple straightforward step-by-step instructions for installing those kinda mods?

(By the way, the link in your sentence 1 "Download the official construction set" doesn't seem to be working.)