Stuff !!

ell46

While out and about doing quests etc, I've seen a couple of nice things I've taken back to my house, but I am have awful problems putting them exactly where I want to display them. They are either upside down, on their sides, fall over IF and this doesn't happen often I get something the right way up AND in the right place I can't let go of it.

What am I doing wrong or is just how the game is? :(

While out and about doing quests etc, I've seen a couple of nice things I've taken back to my house, but I am have awful problems putting them exactly where I want to display them. They are either upside down, on their sides, fall over IF and this doesn't happen often I get something the right way up AND in the right place I can't let go of it.

What am I doing wrong or is just how the game is? :(

That is the way the game is, however there are mods that you can use to help you. One whose name I can think of off the top of my head is Decorator Assistant, but there are others as well.

The Decorator's Assistant is very popular I think. I wasn't very good at getting it to work. I do use one of the book placement mods though, and that works well.

This is just the way the game is. Usually it takes a lot of patience and time for me to decorate a house the exact way I want it. Then one of my companions might come into the room and totally throw everything I've just placed all over the place, lol I HATE that :verymad: I punched my in game companion "husband" once for throwing open and scattering the contents of a showcase in one of my houses. By about the 3rd time of picking everything up, I was pissed, lol

Here is the link to the book placement mod:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6262

Decorator Assistant:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6021

The good thing about those two mods is that they allow you to "lock" the item in place once you get them situated the way you want. If not, you may come back and find items back where they started, especially if you try to place items found in a room in a different spot in the same room.

Good luck, placing items the way you want is always a challenge!

Thanks for recommending these, it's taken me days to figure out how the decorator works :wallbash: it was the Z key that was the answer. I downloaded the book one last night so tonight should be fun and games.

I keep reading about companions, it's been so long since I played this game I can't remember companions is it the same as having a party as in they fight with you? I finished the Arena thing last night and got this adoring fan, but I told him to buzz off should I have had him tag along? After playing DAO for months this game feels a bit lonely :(

The companions in vanilla are more of an annoyance,especially the Adoring Fan. There are quite a few companion mods available.CM Partners creates various npc's around Cyrodill that can join your party. Companion Share and Recruit allows you to recruit almost anyone in Oblivion into your party,even Martin.There are also many mods that have individual companions that can be accessed through quests like Ruined Tails Tale or Companion Neeshka. Advanced Companions can allow you to create a "clone" of your character as you get ready to leave the Imperial Prison Sewer.I will admit that I use CM Partners for making gaurds for my houses and as "filler" for inns and Taverns.

The companions in vanilla are more of an annoyance,especially the Adoring Fan. There are quite a few companion mods available.CM Partners creates various npc's around Cyrodill that can join your party. Companion Share and Recruit allows you to recruit almost anyone in Oblivion into your party,even Martin.There are also many mods that have individual companions that can be accessed through quests like Ruined Tails Tale or Companion Neeshka. Advanced Companions can allow you to create a "clone" of your character as you get ready to leave the Imperial Prison Sewer.I will admit that I use CM Partners for making gaurds for my houses and as "filler" for inns and Taverns.

OH! I just assumed that Martin would join any party by default at least until the end of the game. I might try companion mods to see if I like them, but I'm still not clear on if you get party members by game default. I tend to go for aesthetic mods rather than companions or things that move around :laugh: well a cat would be nice, haven't checked mods for cats out yet.

The Adoring fan follows you after you are the Arena Grand Champion. The Knights of the Nine will follow you after you have completed the KOTN questline. When you are Arch Mage you can have a Mage Apprentice follow you and when You become the Speaker for the Dark Brotherhood you get a few assasins to choose from.If you have Frostcraig Spire you also can have a Flame,Frost, or Storm Atronach as a follower. There are quite a few pet mods that are not CM based for pets and familiars.