Default animations of NPC for our PG

DarkGoth

hi people,

this is the first time i write here. First of all, sorry for my english, not so perfect :_)

I have a request for an eventually creation of a MOD about some animations. Not new animations but that all existing in game, i mean eating, drinking, smoking, work on the table of struments ecc, in a few words those of all NPC used during the day.

I don't want new animations, but i would like to see my PG-Hero eating and drinking at least like the other NPC in game... like in Gothic series, please give me a positive response...

I am working on something like that. I played Risen recently and know what you mean. A whole different experience.

It's pretty complicated because you need full control over the player and nothing is allowed to go wrong (fight, other interactions, ...) while the animation plays. It seems I found a way to solve the problem.

The first thing I make in the moment is something like 'See you sleep' from Oblivion.

hi sesom,

I understand. In Risen and Gothic series the Hero has implemented those animations, but in Fallout 3 i see the problem you have me presented because the game is programmed in that way. And for that, but this is my opinion you are the master not me :), I suggest of set the animations apart, separate from the real necessity like in Risen. I mean, when the PG eat something, smoke or use a stimpak, the animation will not appear, but thank to your MOD i will decide when activate them, for example clicking a number on the keyboard or means PipBoy.

I think is more simple in that way, activate the animation when i desire and simply see it without real effect of generate HP for example, or other problems when the PG is in combat with enemies.

Anyway thanks for answered me.

It would be easier to implement but it isn't really my stile of modding. A example from a previous mod I did (and still enhance):

I hated it that my evil character could enslave people but after the enslaving is done they simply run away. (That's in a game environment that allows followers shame on you Bethesda ;) ). That was the birth of FNNCQ a total overhaul of the FO3 enslaving system. SCC did a similar thing but for me it simply felt like a cheat if played with SCC.

I want to achieve something while playing. So I made new slaver weapons, a prison, new collars, a crazy lab ....

It was the same thing with my Iguanas. I could simply have given the mesh to martigen and he added them as new monster. But I wanted a more in depth experience and gave them a backstory why they are now roaming the wastes and ehy you haven't seen them before in my mod.

I try a similar thing with 'See you sleep' (working title). It's activated like normal (click on the bed) but you see your character put his nightwear on, drop the equipment and goto sleep. And here is when the fun begins. Your character is vulnerable while sleeping. The equipment is near but not equipped and as everyone knows the wasteland is a bad place full of thieves and dangerous monsters ;). (Something like 'Rude Awakening' but my own interpretation of it). New functions are also new opportunities to add new game elements.

wow, i think that your project is really laudable and if is completed will be a pleasure play it. I really hope you will be succesfull.

I love the "real-animations" in the games, like eat/drink, smoke ecc. Thanks sesom :)

• 2 weeks later...

Really good demonstration video.

Personally i accept this just like that, without any cases of, for example, death of PG, steal of goods by Raiders and something like that. Too complicated i think... but of course these aspects will make the game more immersive and hardcore. I really hope you will be successful, also with some other animations.

• 2 weeks later...

hmm sesom and other modders, i have an idea for the drink/food animation.

have you see the water fountains in the game? The PG approaches to them and the animation start. Well, i think that something like that for the food, or the Nuka Cola, wiskeys ecc can be implemented. Whenever the PG came in front of Nuka cola bottle (for example, removing it from the PipBoy, or see many bottle on the table, on the floor ecc), we have two option: take it OR drink it. If you choice "drink" option the animation will start... the first option "take it" the Nuka Cola will be in your PipBoy like always. The same thing for every food.

please create me a MOD like this :_)

I am working on it. Eat, drink, cook, hack are a lot easier to implement then sleeping that's the reason why I have begun with the most complicated one. So I don't have to worry about it anymore. After I finished the first version of sleeping (it doesn't take long anymore. The only thing that i have to add is the FWE support) I begin with the standard tasks without fancy additions.

Another thing that has cached my interest are social interactions.

great great sesom! :_) I think these features will make the game really much immersive and more real finally. I hope this MOD is appreciated by everyone and becomes a part of Hall of Fame.

nice the social interactions, any other animation is wellcome but, for me, absolutely optional. I'm happy of sleep, drink/eat animations first of all.

By the way, i wish you luck... and thanks for answering me :_) i love your work and your efforts.