Help with GECK Deleted Library Object

Eaglezero6205

OK I have a question regarding GECK I was working on a mod and somehow I deleted a Library Object from the library Specifically Jail Cell Mid001 and need that part it was there I went into game to test my mod out and it wasn't there. At first I thought maybe I accidently deleted it BUT when I went back in and tried to add it again all I see is a little box that Says this object has been deleted. So should I panic and worry about scrapping my whole mod to get it back or is there a fail safe I can use. Do I have to reinstall geck?

And will this effect my main ESM for fallout if it wasn't the active file. Ive spent alot of time on this mod and I just hope that not all is lost,

OK I have a question regarding GECK I was working on a mod and somehow I deleted a Library Object from the library Specifically Jail Cell Mid001 and need that part it was there I went into game to test my mod out and it wasn't there. At first I thought maybe I accidently deleted it BUT when I went back in and tried to add it again all I see is a little box that Says this object has been deleted. So should I panic and worry about scrapping my whole mod to get it back or is there a fail safe I can use. Do I have to reinstall geck?

And will this effect my main ESM for fallout if it wasn't the active file. Ive spent alot of time on this mod and I just hope that not all is lost,

Don't panic. It is okay. There are ways to undelete things. You haven't really lost anything, you have just told the game to ignore stuff. I recommend that you download FO3Edit if you haven't already done so, along with Miax's Guide for FO3Edit. It will allow you how to find out what you deleted and undelete those changes to your mod. Read the instructions, be thorough and careful and you will be alright.

There are many other useful applications for FO3Edit that you should become familiar with too, once your current situation is resolved.

Thank you. I have FO3 edit but I don't know much about it I just used it to find out what the load order should be. F03edit does seem like a very useful program but I guess I'm just not Sevy on the program enough to know how to use the other features. Thank you for the advice I will download miaxs tutorial or guide and hopefully I can resolve this issue. Thank you again you have been helpful.

Kudos

OK I read the guide area for undeleting or " Disabling the objects but after following the instructions I go into the Geck Load my mod and go to place the Object CelldoorMid001 and it still has a D next to it showing its deleted and I still get a box popping up saying this object has been deleted. What can do to get the Object back so I can use it again In my mod. This object not being able to be placed has stopped the Construction of my mod as a whole I need that Piece back in my library in order to complete my mod and now that I ran the Undelete function It made my ESP into a master file . Anything else I can do to get the object Back for use in my mod??

Using FO3Edit, load up your mod and try to find the record that deletes the object in question. Its not really deleted. Your mod has an override record that marks it as deleted. If you actaully delete that record, your object will be back to it vanilla form as defined in fallout.esm (or whatever master its from).

OK so I open F03edit load my mod and search through what it says on the right side, after it loads and then click in the right hand side on the record if I manage to find it, and delete the record? The Guide to F03edit helps However Its pretty long and covers alot so I am not sure where to find out how to get this record back. As you may be able to tell by now I have very little experience with F03edit I just use it to find the Load order.and MASTER RELOAD or whatever. I will try to figure it out but I have little clue what exactly I am do to grab the record I'm looking for before I don't think I can click in the right hand side unless i filter. Anyway I'll try what you said thanks for the advice.

OK Don't ask me how I figured it out but I did manage to figure out how to find the record Apparently I didn't know this but all the records were in tree to the left column and I found under static the record for JailcellMid001 How ever I'm not sure what to do next I clicked on the right column and I don't get the option to delete the record. I do have on the left column the option to remove but i don't know if it will remove the info I if its actually going to delete that record.

I hope All I have to do is click remove and save the mod then. DONE !! IT WORKED!! I can now carry on Thanks a million guys I managed to find the record in the tree under static and I right clicked on the record static in the left column and clicked the remove option it asked if I was sure and I said YES and closed F03Edit ran MasterUpdate and then Opened the geck looaded my mod went into the cell and the bars were back and I could place the object again SO THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.