Scavenger's Gauss Rifle

JKF

I have an idea for a new Gauss Rifle. The one already in the game just isn't the right fit for Fallout 3 it's not post apocalyptic. The right Gauss Rifle would be one from the wastes. It's a custom gun like the Railway Rifle or the Death-Claw Gauntlet. It's made by combining the following : a Combat Shotgun, 3 Toasters Pre or Post War (Pre-War for higher damage), and a number of Sensor Modules (however many you choose to put on the gun). The round will be made by combining a Shotgun Shell with a Railway Spike. It will explode on impact and is somewhat like a Miniature Pipe Bomb. I have already made a mock up of what I would like it to be, along with some notes about it and the projectile. Its a Google Sketch-up file (if you don't have Sketch-up just download it) its free and relatively small.Please keep in mind that it's a very rough model and is just there to give you general placement of features. If your interested leave a post and please send me an email or a private message. I'm looking for someone who knows what they're doing and won't half-ass it. But don't let that intimidate you, I'll take anyone who can do it.

Email me at [email protected]

Show your support! Please post to keep this going.

I support the scavenger look on anything! I would see myself with slight know-how with the Guass Rifle to make something atleast like it with stuff I find in the wastes. Make it so!

This is quite relevant to my interests. I would be expecting a gauss rifle to be a little more high-tech though.

Actually Gauss weapons are relativly simple and something the average joe can throw together in his garage. They work by using electromagnetics to accelerate a ferris metal projectile down the "barrel" at a suficient speed to launch it a fair distance. Its a series of wire coils rigged to capacitors which release thier charge in quick succesion to magnetically pull the the projectile. A friend of mine has made one that can launch a 12lb ball about 30ft. It's suprisingly easy to build with the right know-how.

To whom it may concern: I've started work on a mod (after learning the basics of Blender) for creating many more custom guns, ammo, and armor. I'm not planning on putting any new animations into the game, just new models and possibly a little bit of a story.

PS I suck at texturing and if anyone can help me with that it would be much appreciated.