Mod wish: Quantum Chemist perk revised

cameltoe

I don't like the idea of the game automatically touching my Nuka-Colas, as neat as this perk is. I was thinking, could it be possible to change the functionality of this perk so that it can be summoned ONLY at the Lab that the player can buy for his Megaton/Tenpenny home?

So I guess at least the perk description needs to be changed to something like: "You have uncovered the recipe for Nuka-Cola Quantum, and you can now produce it yourself, provided you have the Laboratory and some Nuka-Cola". And then do the modding magic to add an entry to the Lab menu "Create Nuka-Cola Quantum", at which point it'd convert 10 carried Nuka-Colas to 1 Quantum, as many times as possible.

Is this impossible?

It seems possible. If someone decides to mod this, they should also add in Ice-Cold Nuka-Colas to work with it too. They don't work with the quantum chemist perk.

EDIT: And this should be in mod requests if a moderator is reading this.

• 1 year later...

Bumping this vry old thread since i was going to make a request vry similar. id really like this to be made!

Thanks!

EDIT: heres my thoughts on the mod idea, like lawbringer or contract killer, you receive a note upon taking da perk (in this case, a note called "Recipe - Nuka-Cola Quantum") and it says this

At a laboratory, combine:

10 bottles Nuka-Cola/Ice Cold Nuka-Cola

Take the leap... enjoy a Quantum!

and it can be made at a laboratory

Edited by Ab788

Just found this thread after having the same idea and starting a new laboratory script. I had a slightly different recipie for it though involving nuka colas and fission batteries (that radioisotope has to come from somewhere, right?). This part is simple enough but the script as a whole is turning out to be fairly complex so it might take a while, but I'll make a note to remember to allow ice cold nuka-colas to the recipie (although the same mod has an oven that warms up cold nukas, I can post the script for that if anyone wants it).

Just found this thread after having the same idea and starting a new laboratory script. I had a slightly different recipie for it though involving nuka colas and fission batteries (that radioisotope has to come from somewhere, right?). This part is simple enough but the script as a whole is turning out to be fairly complex so it might take a while, but I'll make a note to remember to allow ice cold nuka-colas to the recipie (although the same mod has an oven that warms up cold nukas, I can post the script for that if anyone wants it).

great! i really look forward to this mod becoming real.

great! i really look forward to this mod becoming real.

To de lap!!!! gunna make a lot of it and fill the room up lol takeing the leap

bUmped, i hope he can make the mod soon!

I'm aiming to release v1.0 in early October, the lab is part of a larger mod but I should be able to upload it seperately if there's interest. The script is about the most complex I've done so I'm just getting through it slowly, but here's an early version that produces nuka quantum:

scn NameScriptDoScience

Long NameSciMod

Begin OnClose

Set NameVarScienceEffect to 0

if NameVarScienceEffect==0

Set NameSciMod to (GetItemCount FissionBattery)*(GetItemCount NukaCola + GetItemCount MS05IceNukaCola)

if NameSciMod!=0

Set NameSciMod to GetItemCount NukaCola + GetItemCount MS05IceNukaCola

Player.AddItem MS05NukaColaQtm NameSciMod

endif

endif

RemoveAllItems

End

I've replaced my name with "name" in case anyone wants to adapt this for their own mods, just replace that part with your own prefix to avoid conflicts.

I'm aiming to release v1.0 in early October, the lab is part of a larger mod but I should be able to upload it seperately if there's interest. The script is about the most complex I've done so I'm just getting through it slowly, but here's an early version that produces nuka quantum:

scn NameScriptDoScience

Long NameSciMod

Begin OnClose

Set NameSciMod to (GetItemCount FissionBattery)*(GetItemCount NukaCola + GetItemCount MS05IceNukaCola)

if NameSciMod!=0

endif

endif

RemoveAllItems

End

I've replaced my name with "name" in case anyone wants to adapt this for their own mods, just replace that part with your own prefix to avoid conflicts.

its looking great! i sure hope you dont forget to please add the recipe when you take the perk (like i made they recipe in my post above)

bUmped, i hope he can make the mod soon!

scn NameScriptDoScience

Long NameSciMod

Begin OnClose

if NameSciMod!=0

endif

endif

RemoveAllItems

End

my suggestion would be to make a menu, it will be a bit more complicated but it would be better