Mod wish: Quantum Chemist perk revised

cameltoe

Thanks for the support, the lab I'm making is based primarily on experimenting rather than production, so it's mostly a case of adding different ingredients to find out what they do. I should be able to make a different version later that's better suited to item production, but for now it gets the job done. A menu like on the workbench would make things easier, but I guess I just have a habbit of avoiding GameMode blocks unless they're necessary.

yeah make ur version and then make the one which just adds Recipe - Nuka-Cola Quantum and one little extra menu to the lab menu that lets you craft the 10 nuka colas/ice cold ones together. maby a edited perk description too like "You have unlocked the secret to creating Nuka-Cola Quantum. With this perk, ten Nuka-Colas can be combined at a laboratory to create a Nuka-Cola Quantum." Edited by Ab788

I wasn't going to bump the thread but I may as well mention the lab is now uploaded as part of this mod: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16457

I forgot to add the recipie to the description, but it's 1 fission battery and 5 nuka colas to make 1 nuka quantum. I can't remember if I set a skill limit on that, but if I didn't, then you can use 1 fission battery to get as many quantums as you have nuka colas for, so 1 FB + 50 NC -> 10 NCQ. If I did set a limit though, you might need at least 60 science before you can make even 1, but I don't think I did. The lab is just opposite the powerplant at the bottom of the vault. Just add items to use it.

I wasn't going to bump the thread but I may as well mention the lab is now uploaded as part of this mod: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16457

I forgot to add the recipie to the description, but it's 1 fission battery and 5 nuka colas to make 1 nuka quantum. I can't remember if I set a skill limit on that, but if I didn't, then you can use 1 fission battery to get as many quantums as you have nuka colas for, so 1 FB + 50 NC -> 10 NCQ. If I did set a limit though, you might need at least 60 science before you can make even 1, but I don't think I did. The lab is just opposite the powerplant at the bottom of the vault. Just add items to use it.

oh boy, dos this mean youll work on the other version soon?

I decided to take a look around in the GECK to see what caramelcube would have to go through to make the perk. First, he'd have to edit the perk itself and change the description to better fit this revised Quantum Chemist. Something like that banned fellow said:

You have unlocked the secret to creating Nuka-Cola Quantum. With this perk, ten Nuka-Colas can be combined at a laboratory to create a Nuka-Cola Quantum.

Next he'd have to modify the DLC03CreatorQuestScript, to change the Quantum Chemist perk within so it no longer removes Nuka-Colas from your inventory and instead enables the Laboratory to be used. He could also have it add the recipe here (A new note file, possibly named DLC03RecipeNukaColaQuantum).

At a laboratory, combine:

10 bottles Nuka-Cola/Ice Cold Nuka-Cola

Take the leap... enjoy a Quantum!

Finally and the hardest part, he'd have to make a new script file. I have no idea what that would entail, but it'd probably be very difficult. Possibly named something like DLC03PerkQuantumChemistLaboratory.

It makes me better appreciate what a hard job it'd be to make the perk, I hope everybody else agrees with me.

Edited by rando3

thanks for the research, rando3. I've ended up doing it by a different method though so that no DLCs are needed, but the version I've got at the moment is intended to be updated after I get some feedback so if the way it's set up now is a problem I can change things easy enough. Anyway, the lab is here http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16859 and it also makes a few other items like ultrajet by the same method. I've avoided using a menu as well but can add that if there's a need for it. Anyway, any suggestions for improvements appreciated.

Hmm, come to think of it, it should be entirely possible to just add an option to the vanilla lab, remove the script from the perk, and just have the lab detect the perk to give the option. Maybe an idea for another mod, but this should get the job done for now.

thanks for the research, rando3. I've ended up doing it by a different method though so that no DLCs are needed, but the version I've got at the moment is intended to be updated after I get some feedback so if the way it's set up now is a problem I can change things easy enough. Anyway, the lab is here http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16859 and it also makes a few other items like ultrajet by the same method. I've avoided using a menu as well but can add that if there's a need for it. Anyway, any suggestions for improvements appreciated.

Hmm, come to think of it, it should be entirely possible to just add an option to the vanilla lab, remove the script from the perk, and just have the lab detect the perk to give the option. Maybe an idea for another mod, but this should get the job done for now.

Yeah, I personally really just want the vanilla labs to gain an extra option on the bottom when you take the Quantum Chemist perk. But I'm sure others will really like the well-designed lab you've come up with.