mainframe/pc/machinery update

djmauro

Is there any made, in work or planned?

The fo3 universe never got past the analog computers but why do they all look the same.

They have lots of advances in science (+ encounters with aliens and diff corporation/factions dooing lots of research).

Would guess that there is a bigger variety of those. Size, look and even colors (why green /white and not black/white). And all the systems are same.

New models (with extra, alternative versions to use) for personal pc-s, terminals, mainframes. And script extra features (isnt it frustating to find a mainframe and all it does is show ya logs? or terminal that says disconnected without any options to use or reconnect with anything), besides open/activate and display text perhaps you could attack stuff to it? like lets say a blown up robobrains head?(thats the more harder part :D).

But already the change in looks and variety would be ok.

Lasers,robots,AI-s, nuclear cars,alien encounters, powerarmors, virtual reality etc and computers are still so basic. Not askign for our dimension pc-s. But somethign that fits Fo3 and has diff models, features and looks.

The most likely reason for there being no variation in models is that one company had complete control of the consumer base in that area if not the country. It would be more cost efficient to make them basic, too. It could also be that all the newer computers were confiscated for war purposes and destroyed during the war. Or that the newer ones were scrapped to make the robots and various tech out there in the wastes. Green/white looks the best in my opinion, so I have no complaints there. If one company supplied all the nation's computers, they wouldn't need to design a variety of systems to upgrade to because there is no competition and people would have to buy from them again when it crashed. But enough explaining.

I would like to see some other computers and more functionality with them, but I don't have any G.E.C.K. skills. You have my support.

~ Acavedo

yeah it was under one company.. yet there are several grades of computers, yet the functionality is still same (terminal vs mainframe).

Also after the war, there have been several factions researching theyr own tech etc - even the alien encounter or perhaps someone from foreign lands. Bot to mention that it would be a great modder resource for projects that work with "secret" hidden research stations etc.

Having the options to use computers for more then activate/open doors and such with "after war" computers.