Wet Look

NatePC

I was wondering if anyone knew of a mod that would make the player look wet when it rains or when you go in the water. I did some searches with various keywords, like wet look and wet shader, but found nothing.

Thanks in advance!

I was wondering if anyone knew of a mod that would make the player look wet when it rains or when you go in the water.

I don't know of any such mod, and I would be surprised if one existed. It would require swapping textures, maybe also meshes, on the fly. It would require scripting that not only recognizes when you should be wet, but also recognizes what armor you are wearing and then provide darker textures and increased reflectivity for it. Same story for your character's body, face and hair. It would seem that sodden-look hairstyles would be needed to really make your character look like he just came up from underwater.

It would be a nice touch though for immersion (no pun intended). It might be something we see in future games.

There was something like this for Tomb Raider Anniversary Edition, from what I remember. Lara's hair, skin and clothes would be all slightly shiny coming out of the water, the clothes would be a shade darker and she would leave dark footprints everywhere for up to twenty seconds after getting out of the water. Afterward the shiny effect would gradually fade out and her clothes would return to their normal color shade.

I am sure that an engine as great as the one Fallout 3 uses is more than enough to make this work...but of course, things are easier said than done : (