I really need help with this KF ..my projectile is off

africaisstarving

I m making a new animation and works fine except my projectile is off a bit making it almost impossible to use VATS but I can use it in normal attack mode cause i can manually compensate . Anyone has any idea how to change projectile direction or how to match projectile with crosshair??

I REALLY need some help here. Any advice would be appreciated. Even if you know nothing if you have an idea post it here maybe will trigger something useful.

Thanks in avance
Africa

Have you tried to move the center pivot of your projectile to compensate? Or, if you didn't want something that drastic, trying to reset the transforms?

If you're going to try moving the center axis, you could either do it with Nifskope ( which would allow quicker feedback on effect) or your modeling program...

Hey Ranx31

Thanks for your reply

i haven't tried anything you suggested.

Can you walk me through? How do I change the pivot? Or how do I do all that you said. |

I am using nifskope and blender. I have blender opened and have saved the kf animation and have blend file ready to continue changing things. I can easily change anim use the exported file transforminterpolator copy it in the new animation. Works perfect. The flaw, it seems, is in the kf I used as base. has the same centering issue. That's fine but how do I fix it. I need to change the quarterions for non accum or spine or is there another rotation setting I missed? I have experimented changing spine position/rotation randomly see what happens and it does affect the missile location. So my animation is off center. I am trying to take settings from other kf loops esp guns they are always centered but but doesn't really work at all.

Help

Edited by africaisstarving

Well, I don't know how much help I can provide as I have no experience with either Blender or animations... But surely there must be a reference point somewhere in your animation for the position of the projectile right? And while I think of it, are you using a custom projectile or a game default? Cuz if you're using default, then changing it's center will affect any other weapon using that projectile/bullet, so that would not be a good thing. If using custom, can't you load it into Blender and change it's pivot somehow?

To change an object's center in Nifskope load it into the program then right-click over the root node and select 'Transform>Edit' then adjust parameters. Then right-click over root node again and select 'Transform>Apply' to lock in the new center position. Finally, save your projectile and try it out in-game. Repeat until it's positioned where you want.

Note that this MAY not work as I'm sketchy on details at the moment but I had similar problems and I just ended up loading the projectile into 3ds-Max, moving and orienting the object and exporting again. This allowed me to bypass endless tweaking sessions.

If none of the above works hopefully someone else here more experienced with such things will reply to your question soon.