Fps drop is too much than it should be with ENBs

whdnjs65

I am currently playing Skyrim with my laptop, and its got

GTX 880M (which is.. Gtx660<<GTX880M<<GTX660ti)

intel i7 4710MQ(Quad Core)

Whenever I'm playing Skyrim with 4k&2k texture mods on Ultra,

I get stable 60 fps (vsync on, AF, FAXX off in the launcher.)

But whenever I try an ENB, I always get fps loss of at least 20.

Even those ENBs that claim to have 3 to 5 fps loss are causing

about 20 to 30 loss. I've seen other laptops with the same GPU as

Mine play Skyrim with Realvison enb with no prob, but mine with

Realvison performance would drop fps to 25 or something.

Is there something wrong with my settings? Please help :(

Laptops are not supported for gaming in general, let alone for ENBs. So either use a more performance version of the ENB, lower your VRAM usage by optimizing/resizing your textures, or lower your shadow quality from ULTRA to HIGH.

Also, use a proper load order for your mods.

But its a gaming laptop! With 8GB VRAM!! And I set the shadows to high, too... Is this really my hardware problem? I mean, I SAW videos of running Skyrim with Realvision ENB with really good perfromance with exactly the same laptop as mine!

Your best bet is to turn ALL the effects off in enbseries.ini, then load up the game. Hopefully, there won't be much of a performance hit yet. Now, hit shift+enter while in game, and turn on effects in the enbseries section one by one, to see which ones contribute to the framerate loss the most. The most likely culprits will be depth of field and SSAO. It may be that you just need to turn off one or two effects to get a decent framerate. You can also try setting various "quality" settings to low or medium (the difference compared to high is often negligible)

Also, make sure Vsync is turned off in the game settings and in your nvidia control panel. It should be turned on in the ENB ini files only. And doublecheck that you aren't using temporal antialiasing in the enblocal.ini

Also, are you using the wrapper or injector version of ENB, and what's ENB the version number? The wrapper version gives better performance.

On every system, its not up to the graphics card all alone, its about motherboard (which can affect fps, too), The CPU, yes the CPU, the RAM (not the GB, the Mhz it is clocked). So even if somebody can run the same enb with the same graphics card but with more fps than you, its most likely the other components of your laptop that affect your fps. Turn off some effects or lower their quality. Or, take a enb which is not so heavy...

. Or, take a enb which is not so heavy...

OP has already tried that (read the original post)

I personally don't think the laptop is solely to blame. I think the OP is right to suspect that there's something else going on.