A way to try on clothes w/o exiting inventory

Destruc2

Alright, there has to be some people who have enough clothes/armour/item mods to fill a couple of garages and more and knows the pain of trying on every single piece of equipment and seeing if you like it or not. Oblivion had the right idea with the spinning character there that would change its outfit whenever you would select something. This looks to be very code intensive so I have another idea that is similar to this instead that might be less code intensive.

What if there was an item that when we activated it, it opened up the menu in one half of the screen and we saw ourselves in the other half of the window? What I'm trying to get at is that whenever we open the pipboy, the world pauses around us so that we have ample time to pop that vital stimpack or chem to save ourselves. The item in question could instead bring up the pipboy but not pause the game. Maybe by doing this, if we equipped a weapon or a piece of armor, we could see our character in the other half of the screen change as we click, similar to that in Oblivion. If we wanted to rotate our character, maybe implementing the free rotate camera when we hold down the first/third person key could accomplish that as well as the zoom in feature.

I hope this is a possible solution to the menu interface and trying on different items as well as saving us a lot of time.