Please help: Custom race with custom face texture problem!

Guest Messenjah

Guest Messenjah
Ok, so further testing revealed that I can create a separate ESP or ESM file and it WILL in fact work fine for some odd reason. I'm wondering however, if it is because I was setting it up with the custom head mesh from the eyelashes mod? I will try to establish a test build using a custom body and head mesh along with the facial textures tomorrow when I have time. It may be that I will just have to create a separate ESM anyway to get all the races to work correctly with each other and make the ESP dependent on it.

I have always had the most success with my custom races by creating a master, and a dependent plugin that loads last.

I made one for Oblivion and one for Fallout3 and haven't had any problems with them.

Edited by myrmaad

Guest Messenjah
Well, I put together my new ESM containing my custom races and made my ESP dependent on that ESM. Everything is fine now for some reason. Anyway, I would say it is some kind of weird bug related to the racial issue. One thing I would like to know however, is why with custom skin textures, the skin tone slider refuses to work? I'm currently using the Beware Of Girl skin. For instance, African American characters appear to have white skin instead of dark skin? Even with the ESM file. I'd say someone should make skin tones for Asian, African American, Hispanic, ecs....