Win7 x64 crash to desktop when shooting people (mouse clicks)

shagvirus

This gets frustrating. I install the game. load a saved game so i do not have to do all the stuff before leaving vault.

Game runs flawless UNTIL you shoot at people. At random times (no vats) aiming or not shooting people causes game to

crash to desktop with fallout icon on taskbar.The game is still running but i cannot make game full screen again. I need to end

game via right click close or task manager.

MY FALLOUT 3 IS NOT CRACKED, IT'S A FULL LEGIT COPY I GOT FROM GAMESTOP

Running Fallout 3 GOTY 1.7.0.3 RETAIL - NOT STEAM VERSION

Running Windows 7 x64

FALLOUT3.exe is patched with FO3 Ram Boost Method

System Specs

i7-920

gtx 285 using 258.96 drivers

6g cosair dominators

300gb velicraptor drive

Mods i have used.

Accurate Sniper Rifles

Auto Aim Fix

Owned

Hacking Terminals

Project Beauty

Reyna saved game.

Installing game now from a fresh reformat of PC.

What should i install from a fresh copy? Should i update to 1.7 retail patch?

Thank you for your time.

It doesn't sound like a bug, Fallout and Oblivion both really hate being minimized. I'm guessing you've got something running which is reading the mouse click and yelling at widows to give it priority. As I said for another similar problem in Oblivion: The "crash" is more a symptom than the problem.

Try shutting down all non-critical processes before starting FO and see if that fixes it. The game won't just minimize itself, something else is competing with it.

All that said, I'm a "press random buttons till it works/explodes" kinda person, so don't take what I've said as an informed comment.

There is a free proggy called Game Booster that switches off not essential running processes , I use it myself and have since running it had less trouble with my win 7 x64 install..