Ring of TCL - for when the command itself fails

faffman

In case you haven't witnessed it yourself, sometimes when you type ''tcl'' into the console, nothing happens. The console says nothing, and the effect obviously doesn't happen.

So for those times, it would be good to have a ring that when you equip it, activates non-collision on your player. I don't want to have to restart the game every time it happens, which is in fact disturbingly often.

So just a ring, any model, with this effect as an enchantment. The ring should be weightless, as it's supposed to not actually be there, and I'd prefer it if it didn't use the usual ring slot, but rather one of the unused slots. This way one can hot-key it, and don't have to bother with re-equipping any other ring everytime.

Possible?

When you say TCL doesn't work is it because you have some specific item selected in the console? If you have some specific item selected the collision is enabled or disabled for that specific item. If you don't have anything selected it affects everything (including the player). I've never seen TCL actually fail to do something.

When you say TCL doesn't work is it because you have some specific item selected in the console? If you have some specific item selected the collision is enabled or disabled for that specific item. If you don't have anything selected it affects everything (including the player). I've never seen TCL actually fail to do something.

I occasionally type ''tcl'' into an empty console, and it still does nothing. As I see it, tcl works at random, and I can't see a pattern for when it does and doesn't. Well, most of the times when it doesn't work, is when I've been playing for a while and have some history in the console. Usually I've used tcl a bit earlier, successfully, and then later, it suddenly doesn't. And no, no specific item selected, I just type ''tcl'', and nothing happens.

I have googled this at a time, and there are others who have experienced the same issue.

I don't think it's possible. Console commands and Papyrus scripting commands are separate things in Skyrim.

Well, how about if you not exaclty try to copy the command's effect to the enchantment, but rather makes it so the character can just go through anything?