BLUE SCREEN

ReaperHoof

So I recently started to play fallout 3 again because i love it.

Before i still used a bunch of mods at once, and so i decided to update them and add a few more. So the 2 ones i added were "Fellout" and "Fallout tactics plugin". After i first installed them my game worked flawlessly and it was all fun and games. But then the next day i get on, i start playing for a little bit and then i get a blue screen. And now it just keeps happening to me. I have re-installed Fallout 3, re-installed the mods, and i even moved my bethesda folder to a new location, but i still blue screen. I am almost positive that either both or one of these 2 cause me to crash.

So any suggestions on what i should do or could do to prevent my computer from blue screening?

Thank you in advanced.

When you blue screen what reason is given? IE: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

Each blue screen means something different, so it's really hard to trouble shoot without knowing which on you have.

when i get the blue screen it says this under the technical information

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000008e (0xC0000005, 0xBD0c1002, 0xB8307610, 0x00000000)

*** nv4_disp.dll - Address BD0C1002 base at BD012000, DateStamp 4bb7e5d1

I hope that helps.

Bump for desperate help

I also have played the game with no mods on and i crash. I crash from just about anything, from looking at my pip-boy to pressing escape, to fighting, to entering a zone, and to talking to someone. It just seems to happen randomly.

Please i need any help i can get. Thanks again in advance.

NV4_DISP.DLL crashes are related to your video card, and on Vista are very common.

Have you installed the latest drivers from www.nvidia.com?

You did not mention what type of video card you have. Try setting the graphics settings lower and seeing if that fixes your problems. Since it is not specific to one action, it could be many things causing it. I'd try updating all your drivers first. If that doesn't work, check all your hardware. Is your power supply big enough to handle everything you have in your system. You'd be surprised how often having bad power is the cause of many issues.

Also, make sure your card isn't overheating. That usually causes graphical glitches, but if it gets hot enough the memory on it may start glitching and can cause errors.

Hope one of the above helps.