My Big Castle Mod

WarKirby3333

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I am very pleased that the castle is close to where I can find it early in the game. I like that it is large, and that it doesn't have any prerequisites.

I'm glad to hear that you will be adding life to it. I walked through it yesterday, and it felt like a looted tomb of a great pharoah. It really is too big--the corridors seem to go on forever. I wished more than once that I could quick travel within the castle. I would say have fewer corridors and more of a modular layout, so that you go from room to room without the endless hallways. It would also be nice if it encompassed more buildings (even if they were connected buildings), rather than having so much under one roof.

Windows? Their lack is partly what made it feel like a tomb.

I look forward to seeing what kind of NPCs and furnishings you provide. The bit of gardens that are finished look good, but yes, it really needs more, so I'm glad you have plans for expansion there.

The storage bins in the vault are too spacious--I opened one and it slowed down my PC so badly that I could hardly scroll through my own inventory.

You said you don't intend to entertain the idea of moving the location. But can I ask you for specifics on it? I got to the castle from the road near Chorral (spelling?), but once inside, on my map it said I was in Anvil. Is that supposed to happen? After exploring the castle, I unchecked the mod because I hadn't been to Anvil yet, and I was afraid that you had replaced the city with the castle. Perhaps I'm missing something and there is no need to worry, but if you could reassure me, that would be helpful.

First... The mod probably won't updated or added to any time soon. Both the person who was doing the mod, as well as pretty much everyone who was in any way related to this mod have vanished. I'd almost be tempted to think that of anyone still around, I probably have the most connection to this mod, despite the fact that I really didn't do much of anything other than help with some issues early on. I might at some point considder the possibility of finishing the mod, or atleast fixing some of the issues related with it. But that isn't likely for two reasons. First, it wasn't my mod, I have no more right to do anything to it than anyone else. Second, I would probably end up changing some aspects of the mod according to how I think they should be, and that may not necessarily make the mod better.

That said. containers opening slowly would be because of all the stuff you place in them. If you spread out your stuff between multiple containers, or better yet, just sell sets of stuff you'll never use again, loading those individual containers to look for your stuff would probably be faster than loading one containing everything. There are no hallway pieces of castle rooms with windows. Furthermore, the castle is built into a mountain, windows wouldn't look right. While you can get around that tombish feeling by adding pictures and other clutter as well as adding some NPCs and using good lighting, since the mod isn't being worked on any more, and hasn't been worked on in well over a year, that probably won't happen.

Finally, the map is never right when you enter buildings. This is partially because of how the map works with doors that connect multiple areas. The map showing that you're in anvil would likely mean that there is a doorway within the castle that links to anvil somewhere. Trying to replace a whole town with anything would be just plain silly, not only would it take a hell of alot of work, it would also probably screw over several game quests, and have numerous conflicts with other mods. As for why you can't have a moving castle... It's mostly due to having to build the exterior multiple times (everywhere you want the castle to end up) and then having a very long script which would only enable one of those exteriors at a time, and make adjustments to the doors so that they link properly. In short, not viable outside simple structures like towers.

First... The mod probably won't updated or added to any time soon. Both the person who was doing the mod, as well as pretty much everyone who was in any way related to this mod have vanished. I'd almost be tempted to think that of anyone still around, I probably have the most connection to this mod, despite the fact that I really didn't do much of anything other than help with some issues early on. I might at some point considder the possibility of finishing the mod, or atleast fixing some of the issues related with it. But that isn't likely for two reasons. First, it wasn't my mod, I have no more right to do anything to it than anyone else. Second, I would probably end up changing some aspects of the mod according to how I think they should be, and that may not necessarily make the mod better.

That said. containers opening slowly would be because of all the stuff you place in them. If you spread out your stuff between multiple containers, or better yet, just sell sets of stuff you'll never use again, loading those individual containers to look for your stuff would probably be faster than loading one containing everything. There are no hallway pieces of castle rooms with windows. Furthermore, the castle is built into a mountain, windows wouldn't look right. While you can get around that tombish feeling by adding pictures and other clutter as well as adding some NPCs and using good lighting, since the mod isn't being worked on any more, and hasn't been worked on in well over a year, that probably won't happen.

Finally, the map is never right when you enter buildings. This is partially because of how the map works with doors that connect multiple areas. The map showing that you're in anvil would likely mean that there is a doorway within the castle that links to anvil somewhere. Trying to replace a whole town with anything would be just plain silly, not only would it take a hell of alot of work, it would also probably screw over several game quests, and have numerous conflicts with other mods. As for why you can't have a moving castle... It's mostly due to having to build the exterior multiple times (everywhere you want the castle to end up) and then having a very long script which would only enable one of those exteriors at a time, and make adjustments to the doors so that they link properly. In short, not viable outside simple structures like towers.

Oi Vagrant0!

I'm here :) I used to do scripting...

WarKirby decided long ago to leave this mod - finished or not. I don't know what WarKirby'd say, but I'm pretty sure that he'd love anyone to complete the mod in whatever way they want. I can send him an email, asking him, if you want me to

-GBHis

Oi Vagrant0!

I'm here :) I used to do scripting...

WarKirby decided long ago to leave this mod - finished or not. I don't know what WarKirby'd say, but I'm pretty sure that he'd love anyone to complete the mod in whatever way they want. I can send him an email, asking him, if you want me to

-GBHis

I probably wouldn't have the time available to do anything to the mod, as is I'm having to quit work because of a heavier class load this semister. Maybe at some other time, but even then I wouldn't be able to garentee that I wouldn't change some of the decor. Havn't even looked at the mod since I was asked to look into some of the LOD issues you were having early on, so something like this may not ever be something I could work on honestly.

Yeah so i've had the Castle mod for a couple of weeks now (But it really kicks ass, great job :happy:) and i'm still having trouble with the observation tower. I have gone into to Obvlion.ini (Oblivion_default on my computer) and I have changed 'bEnableborderRegion'=1 to 'bEnableBorderRegion=0'. Even tried changing it to Regions=0.

Clicked 'Save as' and chose to overwrite the file that was originally there to no avail. It still pops up 'You can not go that way. Turn back.'

Also there is a glitch in the museum that if you change the scale of the large glass case in the upper-right hand corner of the room, (Next to the series of 4 or 5 figures in a U-shape. Directions based on entering the museum from the Grand Hall.) to 2 it will sink into the floor.

• 2 years later...