Dragon Age: Origins DLC Coming Soon

RustyBlade

I was snooping around some other DA sites and came across this piece of info:

The DLC is designed to be for high-tier characters to traverse a punishing dungeon against high level enemies. While the DLC was never named (nor was the name of the dungeon), the focus of this new content is entirely combat based encouraging players to use their tactics against hordes of enemies. This also means that you should not expect any story elements ala Awakening. Other details such as release date and price were not given either, but it is nice to see that the life of Dragon Age: Origins isn't over yet, even though it's sequel is less than a year away.

Source: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3180558

They have a screenshot too but it may not be of the new content, at least I hope it isn't because it looks just like Ortan Thaig right before you get to the corrupted queen.

If this comes out and something this simple has bugs or issues (of a decently large proportion), I'm giving up on BioWare. Something like this should be a no-brainer for them.

But darnit, we want more storyline from the first game, since our character is essentially going into limbo in DA2

Ok, I found some more info about this, it will be called The Golems of Amgarrak and if the reviewer is correct you will either love it or hate it.

If combat wasn't your favorite part of Origins – and judging by the entirely new combat mechanic in Dragon Age 2, we're guessing it wasn't BioWare's favorite part either – you may think twice about taking on the "Golems of Amgarrak." However, for experienced Dragon Age players looking for a new story to experience and a few new dungeon mechanics, this is a dungeon that may be worth exploring.

Read more here: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/27/preview-dragon-age-golems-of-amgarrak-dlc/

This is where the whole EA thing would start, I'm holding my breath :rolleyes:

I decided to never hold my breath about anything DA-related after experiencing the whole "it took five months to go from 1.03-to-1.04" debacle this Spring/Summer. Crossing fingers, now, or knocking on wood, turning around three times and spitting, those I'll gladly do with you!

To get back on-topic: My impression is that this sort of "additional content" is a relative breeze to produce. Almost no "writing", a new skin for existing location building-blocks, and a few new "items/properties", and you're done. That can be a lot of fun for both the devs and the players. (I really liked Cadash Thaig, for example, when I first encountered it. So different from the rest of the Deep Roads.) For those who enjoy devising and executing tactical battle plans, it's perfect. For those of us who like that part alright, but who really want The Story... [yawn]Pass[/yawn]

That attitude is probably why I didn't even bother with The DLC Which Must Not Be Named, but had already re-played LS within a day of its release. (Ok, BE, there IS another reason! :tongue: )