Large files time out at 99%

cloudpants

Hi, I have been having problems downloading large mod files from TES Nexus. Usually when I download something relatively small, say <40mb, the download will complete with no problems. However, larger files will download fine up to 99%, whereupon the speed promptly drops to 0 bytes/sec. I have tried downloading from both the Dallas and Seattle servers (the UK one was not working for me). I am using Firefox, and have tried downloading with "Save to computer" and the download manager DownThemAll. I can download files fine from other websites, so I don't think that it's a problem on my end (but I am not 100% sure). The main file that I have been unable to download is Better Cities Resources B 4-6-0. Can anybody help with this? Thank you.

Download managers will not fully benefit from their functions unless you're a premium member, try downloading it without using that addon and see if that's the troublemaker.

Download managers will not fully benefit from their functions unless you're a premium member, try downloading it without using that addon and see if that's the troublemaker.

I have tried downloading the file without a download manager, it still times out at 99%

yeah i have this problem too, your using firefox right ( where is goes few second remaining?) ? it MAY have to do with your antivirus scanning the files before actually leaving the download to finish if you see what i mean:

Downloading a file... when it reached 99 percent and is about the copy it on to your HDD your anti virus ( NOD 32 v4 in my case) fires up and scans the file thoroughly before letting the download proceed!

Thats why you dont really see it on small files but as they are small the scan is fast...

It may also be that your temporary file size is set too small if the download exceeds the limitations you have set, it will always fail.

Had this issue with a customer once and after several hours managed to figure out what his issue was. Worked up to 80 megs but anything over would bomb out and not complete. Checking your config settings might be worth a look.

Buddah

So it was always the same file >40 MB (from different servers) that has failed, right? If so, you have to delete the corrupt one from your temporary folder first - after having checked that the file is not perhaps finished in spite of the 99%. Allegedly it's a Firefox problem. Then try again with a new to be specified download folder...

Thank you for all the suggestions and help. I actually ended up getting a premium membership as I had to download a lot of files, and didn't have any problems downloading. I will check my config and see if the temp file size is too small, so that I can avoid future problems.

yeah i have this problem too, your using firefox right ( where is goes few second remaining?) ? it MAY have to do with your antivirus scanning the files before actually leaving the download to finish if you see what i mean:

Downloading a file... when it reached 99 percent and is about the copy it on to your HDD your anti virus ( NOD 32 v4 in my case) fires up and scans the file thoroughly before letting the download proceed!

Thats why you dont really see it on small files but as they are small the scan is fast...

I have NOD 32 as well, perhaps this was the problem. However, I was able to download the files from the premium server.