-----QUESTION ABOUT CONSOLE COMMANDS------

Shmandy

On my previous computer I had Oblivion installed. On that computer i used console commands while playing oblivion. Then after i used some of the commands the game bugged and all the voice acting in the game was slowed and inaudible. Every time I played on that computer, even if I used a new character or save, the same bug happened. I recently got a new computer and I'm wondering if I use console commands if the same thing will happen and if there is any way to undo the bug.

Oh, also, I already had to use the CC to turn off collision temporarily to get unstuck from on top of some boxes.

Every command, except those who change the files of Oblivion (Example: ini), only act for the current character.

If you load a save while in-game, some effects can persist; if you want to load without these effects, you must exit to the desktop, then restart Oblivion.

New games must be OK, else you've change something inside the oblivion folder.

maybe you changed the .ini file in some way.

have you tried to generate a new .ini file?

and just to be on the safe side: replace the one in my games/oblivion folder not the one in program files :biggrin:

I use XP and Oblivion works perfectly fine for me.Vista and Windows 7 are complicated,while on Vista certain games will develop bugs or crash.Same with windows 7,thats because they were released before Those games released a copy that was compatible with that OS (As far as i know) I know several online games that still have yet to work with Vista.I wouldn't try Windows 7 if Vista won't run it

I use XP and Oblivion works perfectly fine for me.Vista and Windows 7 are complicated,while on Vista certain games will develop bugs or crash.Same with windows 7,thats because they were released before Those games released a copy that was compatible with that OS (As far as i know) I know several online games that still have yet to work with Vista.I wouldn't try Windows 7 if Vista won't run it

Many gamers say that Oblivion run better on Windows 7

I have Windows 7 and I can say:

- It decrease the loading times.

- It increase the performance of Oblivion (ONLY Oblivion. It's the only game that run better with windows 7). Less slowdowns and stuttering.

- When you get a CTD (You always get CTDs, no matter what OS you run), windows 7 close rapidly the game. No more 15-20 minutes with black screen before the desktop.

- Ctrl+Alt+Del keys WORK. If Oblivion freezes, you can instantly open Task Manager, and close Oblivion without problems!

I am running XP, and the game runs just fine. With my crappy rigs, I lag a bit and I also heard Windows 7 runs better than XP. Although with XP I never experienced any "black screen" at all. I'll deffinitly be on Windows 7 when I buy a new computer, anyway it's about the native OS of most of the computers now.