BOS fate in fallout series

Maddy21

What do you guyz think is the status of BOS in DC during the new vegas which happens 10 years later if am not wrong..

Considering the fact unlike their companions in the east the DC BOS is more people friendly and should have become far more powerfull both technology wise and manpower wise since they have been looting Adams air force base and they have access to Vertibirds..Since they are known as guardians of DC ,am pretty sure lot of people r willing to join them(remember the first time u meet BOS,u ask to join them and they reject saying there r already too many who r willing to join). Also finally knowing where the mutants where comming from do you think the BOS would have destroyed vault 87 in a 10 years ?

DC BOS has the ability to become far more powerfull than their eastern brethren since they r not facing manpower and tech shortage.

Another possibility is brotherhood outcasts rejoining BOS ,coz of their manpower shortage and the infighting which was caused in operation Anchorage..

Yeah, I don't think New Vegas will decide the fate of any of the major factions either.

But in whole, I can see the series, somewhere further down the line, exploring a Brotherhood crisis: For one thing, its been over 200 years since their power armours were built, and the damn things were only made to last for 100 years on internal fuel. Maybe heightened Enclave hostilities will also cause some kind of problem for them.

I like how they've inserted the "Outcasts" in Washington. It shows that the faction's priorities and personas clash. Maybe a Brotherhood internal rift will be another factor explored.

The Fallout canon goes so deep that they can take the Brotherhood aspect in any direction they choose... I just hope it isn't something ridiculous... (by that I mean problem solving a way only Call of Duty and Michael Bay can achieve.)

In Fallout 1 (or is it 2?,) you have the option of turning the BOS into the Plague of Steel - heralding a reign of terror that lasts a thousand years.

I still want to see that happen. for quite a while the BOS and NCR were not best friends. They went to war and kick each others asses. But the BOS ultimately lost and had to sign a truce. The original West Coast BOS are not friendly. I HATE the pussies in Fallout 3. They are about as interesting as a kitten in tin foil.

In Fallout 1 (or is it 2?,) you have the option of turning the BOS into the Plague of Steel - heralding a reign of terror that lasts a thousand years.

I still want to see that happen. for quite a while the BOS and NCR were not best friends. They went to war and kick each others asses. But the BOS ultimately lost and had to sign a truce. The original West Coast BOS are not friendly. I HATE the pussies in Fallout 3. They are about as interesting as a kitten in tin foil.

pussies in tin foil ? they are the once cleansing super mutants infested areas and defeated the Enclave with a lil bit of help from the lone wanderer..

"pussies in tin foil ? they are the once cleansing super mutants infested areas and defeated the Enclave with a lil bit of help from the lone wanderer.. "

They are pussies in tin foil. The Brotherhood would have outright collapsed if not for a runaway teenager who has no Wasteland experience.

They are pussies in tin foil. The Brotherhood would have outright collapsed if not for a runaway teenager who has no Wasteland experience.

That is true, but only Broken Steel upwards, I think. They seemed to manage pretty well with Liberty Prime's rampage till he got hammered into recycled metal.

I really wish the outcasts featured more into story. I mean, they should have had their own storyline where the wanderer could actually join up with their faction, rather than just being their junk dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

I read somewhere that Elder Lyons is recognized as a leader of the Washington BoS because of the defeat of the Enclave. They still don't talk to him, but they recognize him. I figured that this would be because he got the Job done in a Way that may reform the Agenda of the Brotherhood. He is rather friendly with the Wastelanders, which lead to one particular Guy to do lots of work for them. Also, Lyons was able to recruit outside help to get Liberty Prime to run, which the Brotherhood scribes couldn't do.

So Lyons is a friend of the People, which the Brotherhood doesn't care much for, but they do like the massive piles of new Technology that brought in.

From earlier Games, the western Brotherhood also noticed that being friendly to the People may be rather useful in bringing new tech in. If they make war with the People, they'll crush you, if you help the People, they bring you tech. And once in a While, there will be some Superbeing that helps you defeat the big enemy of the week.

So i think the Brotherhood may become friendlier with the Wastelanders over time, because it brings in tech, which would persuade even some of the "outcast" hardliners into working with a "wastelander", or at least someone from the "outside".

Gathering tech is the main Goal of the Brotherhood. If you can do that by being friendly with the People most of your group consider inferior then everyone would be happy.

• 2 weeks later...

The Brotherhood are not coming to there fate in Fallout: New Vegas. The NCR and Brotherhood are close allies, and trade often. The Brotherhood will be referenced in New Vegas, but I don't think there will be any actuall armor, NPC's, or factions.

Actually it looks like In new vegas they decided to use the Brotherhood/NCR war from Van Buren

The Brotherhood returns as a minor faction in Fallout: New Vegas; they've been at war with NCR over control of the region's technology. NCR has the Brotherhood on the ropes, but the Brotherhood still has access to antiquated suits of T-51b power armor, which means that NCR will be hard-pressed to annihilate them. The Brotherhood has also destroyed NCR's gold deposits, bringing the value of the NCR dollar to a new low.