<Monster of Choice> Apocalypse

DimLink

I am a big fan of Zombie Apocalypse by ZuluFoxtrot, and A Crowded Wasteland by thorbits. I've always thought it would be cool to have a more developed mod that expands on the concepts these mods introduced. So, here is my idea, offered to the community in hopes that an inspired (and "Mod"-erately talented - such Pun!) soul might take my idea and run with it.

My basic request is for a mod that would allow you to select your preferred variety of monsters with which to populate the wasteland. The list of options might include:

• Super Mutants
  • Ghouls (since the Zombie Apocalypse mod is M.I.A. from the Nexus)
  • MoleRats
  • DeathClaws
  • FEV Subjects
  • Behemoths
  • Mirelurks
  • Feral Dogs
  • BloatFlys (Just imagining this annoys the hell out of me)
  • YaoGuai
  • Factions (Raiders, Talons, Outcasts, etc.)
  • any others you can think of

I think the easiest way to implement this would be to install a network of spawning points throughout the wasteland, and then have things start spawning from said points at intervals, similar to the way MTC Wasteland Travellers handles NPCs. Then, allow the player to access the mod menu via a PipBoy item through which the spawn points can be turned off.

It would be nice to have multiple types of monsters take over the wasteland at once so as to provide some variety (molerats and dogs and yao guai, for example). Additionally, perhaps a range of variables could be introduced similar to those offered in MTC, such as spawn rate, number of spawned creatures, group sizes, and variety of creatures. This would allow a constant stream, or waves, of monsters descending upon the wasteland.

It would be exceptional if this were implemented with the range of monsters introduced in DeathclawAlpha's IMPERFECTION mod, itself a collection of resources from CIB's Creature Resources & Mods.

MY vision of this mod has all of these variables accessible and changeable via a PipBoy menu. However, a collection of separate esp's might be easier to create, at least initially. Regardless, I would really be just as pleased as pudding if the bones of the mod were made, allowing for individual types of monsters to overrun the wasteland based on player's preference. I may try my hand at doing it myself, just by looking through all the aforementioned mods and seeing what sort of stuff I can discover. Should that be the case, and I can acquire the necessary permissions, I would be glad to upload the results.

Suggestions, additional ideas for features, and the usual, please participate.

UPDATE: Whilst I was writing this post, I noticed that Nicholas MacNutt released Raider Apocalypse jus a couple days ago, itself a revision of A Crowded Wasteland adjusted to incorporate Raiders. I haven't checked it out yet, but will do so as soon as my current game allows.

Honestly, this wouldn't be too hard of a mod to make. Just take the Zombie Apocalypse or Raider Apocalypse and replace all of the new spawns with monster spawns. Obviously, you'd need the mod author's permission if you wanted to actually release it, but if you know anything about the GECK, it really isn't too difficult a feat to go into the leveled lists and swap things out. Now if you want in-game configuration... that'd be a little bit trickier. But just a basic "tons of spawns" type thing isn't too hard.

Edited by naugrim04