The "Minions" idea. (Creature Binding Mod)

DarkGenius

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah I like the idea, but I think you need to expand the game in some areas if this idea is going to work well. I mean, in vanilla oblivion, the player character at level 25+ can pretty much go anywhere or kill the strongest "armies" Oblivion has to offer. What are you going to do with minions??? I put the word "armies" in quotation because the largest army you'll face in the vanilla game will be around 6. Now with mods like MMM, Francesco's, OOO and combat overhauls, the dificulty of the game can be significantly increased, but even then the player at level 25+ (which is really the acceptable level from which the player can have minions; I mean a level 5 shouldn't have minions anyway) can take on most of the games opposition. So really, minions will spoil the game because they will just remove the game's challenges and make everything too easy. Oblivion is designed to challenge an individual player, not an army.

Now, enough with the naggs: For this idea to work, I think that you will need to have an oranized opposition, not just common thugs on the road. i.e. You will need certain "clans" or "guilds" or "organizations" (or whatever) to hate your guts for whatever reason (I'll leave you to creat the backstory!) and once you've gained a personal army, have settled in you castle/tower and have begun claiming teritory, the opposition would send their armies to take over your territory. For example, the opposition could be daedra, scripted to work as a united force. You could try and shut their gates with your army, they would respond by sending a daedra army for defence. Simillarly, they could send armies to capture caves/villages/your castle or whatever and you or the legion has to defend. The more teritories a faction has, the more power. That way the challenge of the game will be kept.

OR SOMETHING DIFFERENT: The goblins are trying to take over Cyrodill! You must use your army to save the land!!!!!!!!

Your suggestions are good, but you did not pay much attention. "Minions" will give you the power to create your army. But you must strive to create an army, not overnight that you will make one.

Minions will be fully balanced, too, you'll be able to do what you want with the Minions. Create and kill them, create them to guard treasures, create them to patrol the realm, or protect and patrol your home, or your tower, or castle. You can create hordes, and lead them to destroy the Empire, or Oblivion Gates. Everything depends on your creativity, create your reality, or your world.

Be: A ruthless overlord, A God of War, A Magician eccentrically and powerful, Be a Divine and lead your "Holy army"

Conquer Caves, and fill them with Subjects, or just have the pleasure to have them follow you and protect you.

Equip them with powerful weapons and armor (NPC only) Use your imagination, create your reality with this power.

An amusing curiosity about the Mod:

What is fun of the "Minions"? it is easily modified, then the experienced modders. They can create their own personal version of "Minions" Be it Minions - Skeeps, Minions - Tar fiends, Minions - Midas, Minions - Akatosh Dragons. Everything!

The project is too large.

Hope you like it when it is performed, if performed.

There are currently no modder working on it, each modder can create their own personal version of Minions,

"They will have to wait for someone to make a cheese for it to be sliced".

Sincerely,

Community Member, DarkGenius.