Mark Two Delayed

Nadin

Mark two has been delayed to a recent new formula that requires a re-write of all weapons, armor, perks, and indigestibles. So, if it matters, the main file will be released on dec. 20, with the DLC coming early Feb.

Actually, taking drugs that speed up your bloodstream--such as adrenaline--make you much less resistant to most forms of damage. Similarly, alcohol thins your bloodstream, making you easier to kill with knifes.

Actually, taking drugs that speed up your bloodstream--such as adrenaline--make you much less resistant to most forms of damage. Similarly, alcohol thins your bloodstream, making you easier to kill with knifes.

Interesting theories. From my own personal experience I have found that adrenaline allows you to shrug off a surprising amount of physical damage. At least you may not notice that you are hurt until later. That is part of the evolutionary benefit of the fight or flight syndrome, along with faster clotting.

As for alchohol making you easier to kill with knives, I suppose that is true unless you are the Drunken Master, but it would have more to do with your lessened mental and physical coordination than because thin blood makes you bleed out faster. An arterial bleed is pretty fast without blood thinners, and by the time that your blood has been thinned enough to run faster, you would likely be too drunk to fight very well, if not passed out already. Thin blood doesn't really factor in much. It has a lot more to do with where someone is cut than how thick there blood is. And again, being a little drunk can make someone ignore pain and be more aggressive, making them a tougher opponent.

Not that I expect anyone to believe anything said on internet forums, but I have many years of hand to hand combat training (including knives) and a few fights to use for reference. Opponents who are intoxicated with methamphetamine or cocaine (which speed up heart rate) can actually be extremely hard to take down; just ask a police officer who has had to do so.

It's assumed that there's already some adrenaline in the bloodstream. I can also tell you that a large adrenaline rush, while useful, isn't terribly good for you.

That's a good idea with the increased heart rate. But the thing is, even if you can't feel it, you still take the damage when you are high or numb or whatever, so you probably end up taking more damage just because you don't realize it. So increasing the DR doesn't really work. The only other thing I can think of is to alter the critical chance, unless you have a better idea.

Oh, and instead of thinning the blood, alcohol now just makes you inaccurate. It does seem better, in retrospect.

Interesting theories. From my own personal experience I have found that adrenaline allows you to shrug off a surprising amount of physical damage. At least you may not notice that you are hurt until later. That is part of the evolutionary benefit of the fight or flight syndrome, along with faster clotting.

As for alchohol making you easier to kill with knives, I suppose that is true unless you are the Drunken Master, but it would have more to do with your lessened mental and physical coordination than because thin blood makes you bleed out faster. An arterial bleed is pretty fast without blood thinners, and by the time that your blood has been thinned enough to run faster, you would likely be too drunk to fight very well, if not passed out already. Thin blood doesn't really factor in much. It has a lot more to do with where someone is cut than how thick there blood is. And again, being a little drunk can make someone ignore pain and be more aggressive, making them a tougher opponent.

Not that I expect anyone to believe anything said on internet forums, but I have many years of hand to hand combat training (including knives) and a few fights to use for reference. Opponents who are intoxicated with methamphetamine or cocaine (which speed up heart rate) can actually be extremely hard to take down; just ask a police officer who has had to do so.

Just to let you know, alcohols thinning effect may not have much of an effect, but it does retard the bodies capability to STOP bleeding for quite a while. A scraped knee can bleed like you are a hemophiliac if you are drunk, and continue to do so for quite a while. You may want to work that in if you can. (I would suggest something similar to the "Everybody Bleeds" mod here on Nexus, but it would be through a script, I.E. player is drunk, gets hit for 10 dmg, takes 1 dmg a sec extra for 5 seconds, then 1 damage every 15 seconds for a minute.) But that is just my opinion. :)