Crash on exit

guyvermk

Whenever i exit the game it just crashes.The screen freezes and doesn't disappear no matter how long i wait.Any ideas?And please don't say "it's the load order".I got the problem recently without having installed anything besides a couple of armor mods

Win XP

My problem is that some times when it does crash i cant alt and tab or alt ctrl and delete my way out of it.It doesnt send me to the desktop but i can see the mouse cursor.It's really annoying

That's a really common problem with Oblivion. I don't think anyone has ever discovered EXACTLY why it happens, but it does tend to happen when you run more than a couple of mods. If you were already running over a dozen and then added a few more, that may well have put you over the edge.

Go get Fast Exit and install it. It's not a mod exactly, it's a plugin that will let you exit the game cleanly without a crash... most of the time, anyway. You do need to be using OBSE.

Oh hell yeah, I'm downloading that bad boy right now.

It has always happend to me.

I have never shut down oblivion with out it crashing. I played oblivion with no mods at first and it always happend then.

It happens to ALL my mates that play as well. two of them don't use any mods at all (not including patches).

One of my mates just dose not shut up about it lol he is pritty mad over some thing that has never been a problem.

It has never damaged any of my save's nor any of my mates save's.

If it is some thing that only narks you off, best to try and forget about it.

If you find a reson for it, post a thread and it will be the most read thread here :)

Knightofyourlife

That's a really common problem with Oblivion. I don't think anyone has ever discovered EXACTLY why it happens, but it does tend to happen when you run more than a couple of mods. If you were already running over a dozen and then added a few more, that may well have put you over the edge.

Go get Fast Exit and install it. It's not a mod exactly, it's a plugin that will let you exit the game cleanly without a crash... most of the time, anyway. You do need to be using OBSE.

Thanks this mod is now in my must have list :thumbsup: