Midas Oblivion Portal

CredibleJoe

Hi. New to the forums, So please bear with me. Not sure if this is general mod/game compatibility support, or if this is where to go for specific mod malfunctions. Hell, not even sure if this is a bug or if I'm just doing something wrong. Allow me to elaborate.

I've been playing one of the older versions of midas magic (without any expansions to the astral plane), and recently updated. It's been fun, but something went weird with Midas Summon Oblivion Portal. Before I downloaded and installed the update, it worked fine. Went into the overworld cell, summoned a portal, got the sigil stone, etc, etc. But, after I downloaded the update, I could still summon the portal, but when I try to enter I get a message saying, 'door leads to nowhere'. I'm not sure if the spell was changed in the update, or if I accidentally messed up the spell itself when I updated. Some help/advice on downloading and managing mods would be helpful, kinda new to using mods.

That's a little difficult. Cheating with the console menu will help a lot. There's a book upstairs in his shop called, 'The Prime Mortholith' (Or Morpholith or whatever). Read it, you'll get a mapmarker for Kahza-Dun somewhere East of Bruma. Go through there, all the way to the back. If you enjoy challenges, try to kill the Balrog in the back without cheating. You'll probably be there for... Dunno, 15-45 minutes. Otherwise just kill it with the console menu. He'll have a key on his body for the gate in the back of the chamber, past which is the Mortholith, which is an ingredient for the spell. Put it in the Aurum Reactor with a gold nugget, cast any magic at the reactor, get the residue inside, look under the ingredients section of your inventory, and eat it. The 'Midas Summon Portal' spell will be there, with a... journeyman conjuration req I think. The portal is just a platform right beneath your feat. Activate it, and get ported right to a random plane of oblivion. That's where my problem is. 'This Door Leads to Nowhere'. Sigil stones are main ingredients to a lot of spells, so I kinda need this spell to work.