Characters aren't retaining changes made in the Creation Kit

vanitusgamer

So I'm trying to edit the appearance of some vanilla characters to have modded hair, eyes, etc. but they aren't keeping the changes in-game. Any changes to their base appearance such as body size and facial features work but when trying to give them hair or eyes from other mods, such as SG Hair, the changes aren't kept when playing the game.

http://i.imgur.com/SJ7qJTH.png

(Creation Kit on left, in-game on right)

If not obvious, ctrl+F4 doesn't work to fix the darker head thing either when using modded hair, eyes, etc.

EDIT: This is an error I get when trying to load the hair in the CK.

http://i.imgur.com/ekkT6XF.png

Edited by vanitusgamer

Try renaming facegenData and faceGeom folders Afacegendata Afacegeom. Then export the face data again, load game and see if its fixed. If it is, then you'll need to merge the file from the original folders back into the new ones, without overriding the new files. If its not fixed at least you know its not a facedata issue. Could it be there needs to be an .ini change to allow this file to be loaded by skyrim as a master? Just a guess. I tried.

Try renaming facegenData and faceGeom folders Afacegendata Afacegeom. Then export the face data again, load game and see if its fixed. If it is, then you'll need to merge the file from the original folders back into the new ones, without overriding the new files. If its not fixed at least you know its not a facedata issue. Could it be there needs to be an .ini change to allow this file to be loaded by skyrim as a master? Just a guess. I tried.

I attempted to rename the facegen and facegeon folders and re-exporting the facegen data but that didn't fix it. What changes to what /ini should be made?